XL Catlin Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investments Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview, phone interviews with senior analyst and portfolio manager, superday at the office with head of department, two directors/PMs, and with HR. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable, but one of the PMs was incredibly arrogant and condescending. They also told me they'd have decisions in two weeks, but did not give me a response until I followed up twice.

Interview Questions

• Why insurance? Why should we hire you? What do you like to do in your free time? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited in college spoke with the recruiter multiple times. It was a three hour interview with two one on one interview then a group valuation interview. Then interviewed in NYC and waited three weeks to hear a response

Interview Questions

• If oil prices were decreasing how would that effect the risk premium   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Interview process and very efficient. Was able to hear back very quickly from HR as well as department managers. Would say the questions asked are very standard mixed with specific questions related to job applying for.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I meet with 2 supervisors from different department. they are nice.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XL Catlin (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

straight forward, simple to the point. no hard questions basic common sense. Always smile and be presentable and be prepared. Office is amazing and the hiring process is pretty fast.