XO Communications Interview Questions in Herndon, VA | Glassdoor

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had previously worked with the person who was going to hire me, and had interviewed on two previous occasions and had met the CFO. So it was a very easy process for me. I spoke with everyone in the group I'd be working with and well as the hiring manager. Didn't have to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Since all your experience is in wireless, how do you see yourself learning what amount to an entirely different industry (wireline)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Was told by hiring manager they weren't a company with significant financial resources; effectively preparing me for a relatively low offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward, my boss did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can take the job if you want it...

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

4 step process consisting of phone interview and two in person meetings as well as a selection meeting.

Interview Questions

• Presenting XO Cloud solutions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took what was offered - entry level role with no wiggle room in salary.

Financial Analyst V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process in not very difficult. Just two or three persons take interview in a very conducive environment. If you are able to impress the interviewer they will hire you. Normally do not ask very technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary   1 Answer

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in December 2008.

Interview

It was an internal informal interview, I pretty much had the job but the interview was a mere formality. I sat with my future supervisor and was asked about my past work history as well as skills and why I was recommended for the job. I asked about the salary and was told what it would be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not get the impression that it was negotiable, but it was an increase from what I was making so I did not try to negotiate. I did however negotiate my prior salary at the same company, but both times I wish I had asked for more than I did.