XO Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XO Communications Interview Questions

2.8

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

it was botched by the HR rep. He gave bad information on the call in number and was unresponsive when trying to get the correct information. I managed to find the interviewers contact information and call him directly. HR rep did not join the conference call at first to make sure everything went off as planned. HR rep did not take responsibility for giving incorrect information.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job   1 Answer

Field Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Informal and relaxed. Jovial atmosphere. We discussed my field tech background and how familiar I was with the job description. I informed him that I did similar work for my previous company but that the job responsibilities differed a little, but that I had also had some cross-training time in the specified responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with a particular ticketing system.   1 Answer

Project Manager IV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted 30 minutes. I made it to the second interview. I received an email for an interview at 8pm at night. The interview was for 10am the next morning. The interview lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 employees for about an hour and a half then I had an interview with the manager. No one from HR or XO bothered to call me afterwards to provide any feed back. Nothing, never knew if I got the job or not, never even RECIEVED an email thanking me for interviewing. Extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage competing priorities?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process for this company is a joke!

You first go through a phone interview then several face to face interviews. The first manager I interviewed with and whose team had the opening, was great! Very detailed, direct about the prospecting and cold calling involved with the role. Discussed the perseverance and acumen it takes for one to succeed. He was also very motivating. I felt great about the opportunity.
    The next phase of the process was meeting with other Sales Managers who asked me questions I am positive they are not allowed to ask for legality reasons, but also seemed he could really care less to be truly interested in what I have to say. It seemed to me he had already made up his mind in the first 10 seconds of meeting me. Not much more can be said for my last interview with the Director of Sales who actually seemed irritated to be interviewing me. They have you interview with other account managers. All in all you may go through 5 interviews and a phone interview for an account manager position? I guess if someone has no other prospects then it is not an issue. I was very interested in XO as a company and after my first meeting with the first sales manager, I put up with the process. I will not be selecting XO as an employer and do not recommend them.

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

Spent two hours talking to me and finally got rejection next week. Have no idea why they waste my time.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for interview by email. Arrived on time. There was no one to direct me or let me in (building security station was unmanned). Asked guy in jeans for directions. He worked there, so took me up in elevator, let me in office and showed me where I was to meet with hiring manager. Had what I thought was a good interview. Manager followed up by phone to let me know I had not been hired.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I read about this company prior to having my first interview with the hiring manager. I wasn't too impressed with its past performance or with current employees were saying. Yet, I did like what the xo communication posting presented. ( hindsight is 20/20 ) I thought I could help implement change. Well, the first phone interview with the hiring manager went well. I felt positive. Then the email/phone tag started with the hiring manager. Setting up additional phone interviews just to have them canceled last second. This became more than frustrating. I tried to be understanding but my time and engery is just as valuable. This went on for a month. By the time I had that additional phone interview, which was supposed to be an in person 1:1, I had lost interest and respect for the hiring manager and the company. If this is the way they treat a prospective employee, how would it be to actually work for them. No Thanks! I didn't send an interview letter like I did the first time and wasn't surprised not to hear back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever implemented a co-op program with a customer?   Answer Question

Website Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Saginaw, MI) in December 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by two employees of XO, both were very professional and also very friendly. The impression of the work environment there was extremely favorable. The interview was difficult in a good way - they asked questions to make sure I knew the area I claimed experience in. There was an oral test as well as a written test, wherein they asked me to point out errors in code examples, or to write new code. In the end I did not receive the job, as I did not know a programming language necessary for the position, but I actually enjoyed the interview, and if I get the chance to apply there again, I will do so.

Interview Questions

• Please point out the coding errors or bugs in this SQL example.   1 Answer

Client Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications in December 2010.

Interview

I received an email requesting an interview the week before Christmas. Since I was off I went in the following day. I had a great conversation with the hiring manager, we discussed the job, the expectations and the fact that I've been doing something similar for my entire career. She seemed really positive and told me that they were going to be doing follow up interviews the first week of the new year, right after the holiday, but she'd get back to me the following day to set up the date and time. I hadn't heard anything at all throughout the holiday. I sent an email just to check in and see what was up. I received an email back saying that they hadn't finished their first round of interviewing on time, so they'd get back to me.

We had severe weather, so I figured there was another delay. After a week or so, I sent another email, and from that point on I've heard nothing. What I find interesting is that the position is still posted.

I really enjoyed the environment and I'd love to have the job, but the lack of communication, even something saying they're moving forward with another candidate, has made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• What would be one of the first things you'd do once you started.   1 Answer