XO Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.6

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

In depth, fair and focused on my results with past employers. The questions were direct and substantive and the interviewers were honest and upfront regarding compensation, culture, and what would be expected of me should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful at XO?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively easy and fair.

Project Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XO Communications in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via XO's company website. The HR rep responded within 2 days and conducted a phone interview. The next day she scheduled an additional phone interview with the direct manager because she was located in a different city. The total process from application to final interview took 4 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle learning new information? What is your process for project organization?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was short and easy. I had a very easy excel test and was only asked a few questions. I initially interviewed with potential direct manager. Following interviewed with VP of department.

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

it was botched by the HR rep. He gave bad information on the call in number and was unresponsive when trying to get the correct information. I managed to find the interviewers contact information and call him directly. HR rep did not join the conference call at first to make sure everything went off as planned. HR rep did not take responsibility for giving incorrect information.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job   1 Answer

Field Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Informal and relaxed. Jovial atmosphere. We discussed my field tech background and how familiar I was with the job description. I informed him that I did similar work for my previous company but that the job responsibilities differed a little, but that I had also had some cross-training time in the specified responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with a particular ticketing system.   1 Answer

Project Manager IV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted 30 minutes. I made it to the second interview. I received an email for an interview at 8pm at night. The interview was for 10am the next morning. The interview lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 employees for about an hour and a half then I had an interview with the manager. No one from HR or XO bothered to call me afterwards to provide any feed back. Nothing, never knew if I got the job or not, never even RECIEVED an email thanking me for interviewing. Extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage competing priorities?   1 Answer

College Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

i had the phone interview about 20 minutes with HR and she was really nice and asked some basic question on my resume. After 2 days, she sent me onsite interview invitation with manager. The onsite interview last about 30 minutes and mostly manager talk more about the content of the internship and asked my school project, my interest as well as how well i know the company

Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XO Communications in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Chandra Green on a phone interview after applying online for the position. The interview was very standard. She tells you alittle about the company and then asks you to tell her about yourself. The questions to expect are why do you want to work here?,what qualifies you for the position? You will be asked about salary requirements at the end before coming in for a face to face interview.

Could not meet minimum salary requirements so did not continue with the process. Their range is $45k-$50k

Attorney Interview

Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face then a tour ending with a job offer. Mostly informal but the tour was nice and insightful, small NOC with few techs was easier to slide in and start working..