XO Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.6

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

In depth, fair and focused on my results with past employers. The questions were direct and substantive and the interviewers were honest and upfront regarding compensation, culture, and what would be expected of me should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful at XO?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively easy and fair.

Project Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XO Communications in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via XO's company website. The HR rep responded within 2 days and conducted a phone interview. The next day she scheduled an additional phone interview with the direct manager because she was located in a different city. The total process from application to final interview took 4 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle learning new information? What is your process for project organization?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with direct manager as well as second round of interviews with other key players within the division. Very thorough and friendly. They were very down-to-earth and thorough in their interview questions. It did not feel like a grilling session but more of a test on previous work experience and personality. Especially within the B2B space and if I was the right person for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you've had to overcome in a previous role, professionally? Please elaborate on the challenge, how you overcame it, and how you think that would carry over into helping you in this role?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had previously worked with the person who was going to hire me, and had interviewed on two previous occasions and had met the CFO. So it was a very easy process for me. I spoke with everyone in the group I'd be working with and well as the hiring manager. Didn't have to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Since all your experience is in wireless, how do you see yourself learning what amount to an entirely different industry (wireline)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Was told by hiring manager they weren't a company with significant financial resources; effectively preparing me for a relatively low offer.

Field Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Informal and relaxed. Jovial atmosphere. We discussed my field tech background and how familiar I was with the job description. I informed him that I did similar work for my previous company but that the job responsibilities differed a little, but that I had also had some cross-training time in the specified responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with a particular ticketing system.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Fremont, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. It focused on software engineering concepts. It did not include in depth programming questions.

I think the interview process was easier for me because I knew a couple of people who worked there who were trusted.

There was a phone screen, then a single in person interview with 5 people.

The questions were geared to the language in my background rather than the language they were using.

Interview Questions

• How do you manipulate a string in C?   1 Answer

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

it was botched by the HR rep. He gave bad information on the call in number and was unresponsive when trying to get the correct information. I managed to find the interviewers contact information and call him directly. HR rep did not join the conference call at first to make sure everything went off as planned. HR rep did not take responsibility for giving incorrect information.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

easy, they are desperate for headcount, sales talent pool is weak, most retreads and bridge jumpers. success will depend how many sales leads you get from the call ins, sales is 95% won on price.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they have a range, under industry standards.

Project Manager IV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted 30 minutes. I made it to the second interview. I received an email for an interview at 8pm at night. The interview was for 10am the next morning. The interview lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 employees for about an hour and a half then I had an interview with the manager. No one from HR or XO bothered to call me afterwards to provide any feed back. Nothing, never knew if I got the job or not, never even RECIEVED an email thanking me for interviewing. Extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage competing priorities?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process in not very difficult. Just two or three persons take interview in a very conducive environment. If you are able to impress the interviewer they will hire you. Normally do not ask very technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary   1 Answer