XO Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.6

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an onsite series of interviews. Favorite part was a team interview during which I was asked to sell to them as though they were customers. Met with several key managers from other teams, not just the team I would support.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a multi-site IPVPN MPLS solution and its benefits.   1 Answer

Tier II Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

Took two month to hear back about my applications. Interview was very straight forward. No technical questions. Only one person conducted interview. One of the most laid back interviews I have ever had.

Sales Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was short and easy. I had a very easy excel test and was only asked a few questions. I initially interviewed with potential direct manager. Following interviewed with VP of department.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

1. HR calls you and ask basic experience questions and if matches with requirement then setup the interview with Hiring manager.
    2. Hiring managers interviews and then one last phone interview with Director and thats it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Companies you work for ( Telecom and Data companies)
      2. Network knowledge - topology ( basic)
      3. companies you sold to in past.
      4. would you be able to sell to your clients from past companies.   Answer Question

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face then a tour ending with a job offer. Mostly informal but the tour was nice and insightful, small NOC with few techs was easier to slide in and start working..

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

In depth, fair and focused on my results with past employers. The questions were direct and substantive and the interviewers were honest and upfront regarding compensation, culture, and what would be expected of me should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful at XO?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively easy and fair.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XO Communications in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via XO's company website. The HR rep responded within 2 days and conducted a phone interview. The next day she scheduled an additional phone interview with the direct manager because she was located in a different city. The total process from application to final interview took 4 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle learning new information? What is your process for project organization?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with direct manager as well as second round of interviews with other key players within the division. Very thorough and friendly. They were very down-to-earth and thorough in their interview questions. It did not feel like a grilling session but more of a test on previous work experience and personality. Especially within the B2B space and if I was the right person for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you've had to overcome in a previous role, professionally? Please elaborate on the challenge, how you overcame it, and how you think that would carry over into helping you in this role?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had previously worked with the person who was going to hire me, and had interviewed on two previous occasions and had met the CFO. So it was a very easy process for me. I spoke with everyone in the group I'd be working with and well as the hiring manager. Didn't have to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Since all your experience is in wireless, how do you see yourself learning what amount to an entirely different industry (wireline)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Was told by hiring manager they weren't a company with significant financial resources; effectively preparing me for a relatively low offer.

Field Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Informal and relaxed. Jovial atmosphere. We discussed my field tech background and how familiar I was with the job description. I informed him that I did similar work for my previous company but that the job responsibilities differed a little, but that I had also had some cross-training time in the specified responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with a particular ticketing system.   1 Answer