XO Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.6

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Pennsauken, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager of the XO office located in Pennsauken NJ. She was anxious to hire an experienced Telecom Tech which I was. It was a friendly experience and I was confident I would be hired because I was recommended by someone who had a daily contact with one of XO's techs.

Interview Questions

• was I ever convicted of a crime or ever have my driving privileges revoked   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than I asked for and asked for less than hoped to get.

Any Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

XO is not hiring. The best chance is to try to be an intern.

Interview Questions

• They are sincerely very into being a highly ethical company. Expect to be given a scenario that poses a tough ethical situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I worked for them as a contractor previously so they knew me.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

While the hiring process at XO might seem to drag out at times, that changes once you obtain an interview with the hiring manager. They will ask probing questions regarding your experience, long/short term goals, your strongest assets, why you want to work there, and what you consider to be your weakest skill/quality. Then depending on the position, you could be asked specific questions to determine if you have the skills required for the position

Interview Questions

• There was only one unexpected question in regards to etiquette while working in a "cube" environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a little room to negotiate based on experience and fair market value

Software Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications in October 2013.

Interview

Phone screening and Extensive technical interview performed.

Interview Questions

• Had to solve a couple of day to day basis programming problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

Interview process was one day; came in and met with three members of the team, including the hiring manager. They introduced me to folks in the office and were very open about the pros and cons of working here.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult; the hiring manager was very straight forward. She took alot of notes, which I liked. Showed she was interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, mostly because I had been laid off for 8 months. I didn't want to ruin my chances. However, the recruiter had told me the salary range for this job, and the offer came in at the top end of the range. I was happy, so I took it.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process for this company is a joke!

You first go through a phone interview then several face to face interviews. The first manager I interviewed with and whose team had the opening, was great! Very detailed, direct about the prospecting and cold calling involved with the role. Discussed the perseverance and acumen it takes for one to succeed. He was also very motivating. I felt great about the opportunity.
    The next phase of the process was meeting with other Sales Managers who asked me questions I am positive they are not allowed to ask for legality reasons, but also seemed he could really care less to be truly interested in what I have to say. It seemed to me he had already made up his mind in the first 10 seconds of meeting me. Not much more can be said for my last interview with the Director of Sales who actually seemed irritated to be interviewing me. They have you interview with other account managers. All in all you may go through 5 interviews and a phone interview for an account manager position? I guess if someone has no other prospects then it is not an issue. I was very interested in XO as a company and after my first meeting with the first sales manager, I put up with the process. I will not be selecting XO as an employer and do not recommend them.

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

Spent two hours talking to me and finally got rejection next week. Have no idea why they waste my time.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Face-to-Face

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult employee and/or project team member? If so, how did you deal with that individual?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant. However, I asked for more then the offered 3% and was told this was the most they could offer, given current business conditions.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for interview by email. Arrived on time. There was no one to direct me or let me in (building security station was unmanned). Asked guy in jeans for directions. He worked there, so took me up in elevator, let me in office and showed me where I was to meet with hiring manager. Had what I thought was a good interview. Manager followed up by phone to let me know I had not been hired.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

easy, they are desperate for headcount, sales talent pool is weak, most retreads and bridge jumpers. success will depend how many sales leads you get from the call ins, sales is 95% won on price.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they have a range, under industry standards.