XO Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XO Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.6

Attorney Interview

Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face then a tour ending with a job offer. Mostly informal but the tour was nice and insightful, small NOC with few techs was easier to slide in and start working..

Senior Manager Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had previously worked with the person who was going to hire me, and had interviewed on two previous occasions and had met the CFO. So it was a very easy process for me. I spoke with everyone in the group I'd be working with and well as the hiring manager. Didn't have to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Since all your experience is in wireless, how do you see yourself learning what amount to an entirely different industry (wireline)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Was told by hiring manager they weren't a company with significant financial resources; effectively preparing me for a relatively low offer.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Pennsauken, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager of the XO office located in Pennsauken NJ. She was anxious to hire an experienced Telecom Tech which I was. It was a friendly experience and I was confident I would be hired because I was recommended by someone who had a daily contact with one of XO's techs.

Interview Questions

• was I ever convicted of a crime or ever have my driving privileges revoked   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than I asked for and asked for less than hoped to get.

Any Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

XO is not hiring. The best chance is to try to be an intern.

Interview Questions

• They are sincerely very into being a highly ethical company. Expect to be given a scenario that poses a tough ethical situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I worked for them as a contractor previously so they knew me.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

While the hiring process at XO might seem to drag out at times, that changes once you obtain an interview with the hiring manager. They will ask probing questions regarding your experience, long/short term goals, your strongest assets, why you want to work there, and what you consider to be your weakest skill/quality. Then depending on the position, you could be asked specific questions to determine if you have the skills required for the position

Interview Questions

• There was only one unexpected question in regards to etiquette while working in a "cube" environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a little room to negotiate based on experience and fair market value

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications in October 2013.

Interview

Phone screening and Extensive technical interview performed.

Interview Questions

• Had to solve a couple of day to day basis programming problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

Interview process was one day; came in and met with three members of the team, including the hiring manager. They introduced me to folks in the office and were very open about the pros and cons of working here.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult; the hiring manager was very straight forward. She took alot of notes, which I liked. Showed she was interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, mostly because I had been laid off for 8 months. I didn't want to ruin my chances. However, the recruiter had told me the salary range for this job, and the offer came in at the top end of the range. I was happy, so I took it.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at XO Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process for this company is a joke!

You first go through a phone interview then several face to face interviews. The first manager I interviewed with and whose team had the opening, was great! Very detailed, direct about the prospecting and cold calling involved with the role. Discussed the perseverance and acumen it takes for one to succeed. He was also very motivating. I felt great about the opportunity.
    The next phase of the process was meeting with other Sales Managers who asked me questions I am positive they are not allowed to ask for legality reasons, but also seemed he could really care less to be truly interested in what I have to say. It seemed to me he had already made up his mind in the first 10 seconds of meeting me. Not much more can be said for my last interview with the Director of Sales who actually seemed irritated to be interviewing me. They have you interview with other account managers. All in all you may go through 5 interviews and a phone interview for an account manager position? I guess if someone has no other prospects then it is not an issue. I was very interested in XO as a company and after my first meeting with the first sales manager, I put up with the process. I will not be selecting XO as an employer and do not recommend them.

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

Spent two hours talking to me and finally got rejection next week. Have no idea why they waste my time.