XO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at XO Group

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XO Group (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. The focus was more on the behavioral side. The interview ended with a technical question. The technical questions were very straightforward. Overall, the experience was very good.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Group.

Interview

I spoke to one of the HR team members over the phone for around 20 minutes. He was very informative and gave me a good understanding of the company and the role. I received an e-mail a week later telling me that they had moved forward with an internal candidate. Overall I had a positive experience, and I will continue to look for other openings at XO!

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Group.

Interview

Fairly quick and easy. Everyone was really move and informative. Interview seemed informal and but they were sure to ask pointed questions about my past work experience and what I might bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were at tick of losing a client and what did you do.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at XO Group in October 2018.

Interview

Got on the phone with a recruiter from TX for a NY role and honestly it was a bit ugh. Not much of an introduction to the company, projects or role— so it was tough to get motivated or excited about anything we talked about. We drudged through the 25 min call about my specs, what I was looking for, etc. without any real investment on either end.

At the end of the day, it was probably just not good match. But, there was something about the stale, cherry flavored tone of the call that felt like a problem across the brand. A bit artificial maybe.

I didn’t move forward in the process (thankfully, for both parties) and the email letting me know was equally dry.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Group.

Interview

1. phone interview: 1 introduce your self, 2. general software related questions. 3 ask them questions.
    2. phone interview: 1 introduce your self, 2. general software related questions. 3 ask them questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

Went in with 4 groups of talented people. They asked questions, and I did my best to respond.

Everyone there made me feel welcome, and made it seem like a great place to work. I wish I was more "on," but I was still recovering from a cold and adjusting from lack of sleep.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the type they were looking for to manage their new project. I wish them the best, but... I'm sure they don't need it. :)

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XO Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview then live interviews with 4 team members. Incredibly disappointing that after effort, time and money spent I have not received any follow up after sending thank you's and two polite follow-ups. CRICKETS. Tacky and not an HR Group I choose to be a part of if this is they way they treat people.

Sales Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XO Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was long, but genuine. I met with a lot of people that really quizzed me on my abilities, while also seeing how I was with social skills - a valuable aspect of this job!

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a problem in the workplace and how you solved it?   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XO Group (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process with XO Group was very intense. I had 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews with a total of 9 people. Although it was a lengthy process, I understood as the team wanted to make sure they were thorough and considered all parties that would be impacted by the person to fill this role.

However, my overall experience was very positive and you can tell XO Group is a company that is thoughtful and pays keen attention to every detail in the interview to onboarding process for a new hire.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and a face to face interview where I met with 5 team members individually for approximately 30 mins each. While the interviews were all a positive experience I have had complete silence for 5 weeks now despite two polite emails following up. It is really disappointing to be treated so poorly after putting in so much time and energy to apply for this role and prepare for these interviews, particularly from a HR team. My expectations are that they would be professional enough to send an email at the very least to advise that I had been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using people data & analytics   Answer Question