XPO Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview was good plus I had previously worked for the company so they knew my work capability to do the job my interviewer was very good about giving me new info on how the company had changed for the better since I last work with them and how they had made progress to become a leader in the freight industry

Interview Questions

• What was my reason for coming back   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2020 – Senior Social Media Manager, Employment Brand

Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it!

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied on company site. Received email for phone interview within a week. Within another week I completed video interview with Manager and HR representative. Received offer letter about 7-10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you had an assignment that would be either submitted late but perfect or submitted on time but subpar, what would you do?   Answer Question

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an in-house recruiter. We set up a time and spoke for a few minutes about my experience. She said gave me a link to TypingCat.com and explained that I needed to be able to type 90wpm to be considered. After I sent her a screenshot of the typing test, I would advance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screen interview with description of duties and hours. I did not like the unpredictable shifts and I communicated that to the HR representative. Shifts vary for the start time and can change

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (High Point, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the regional HR manager position. The recruiter was very thorough and engaging during our initial conversation, which lasted over an hour. She kept in touch with me on a regular basis and scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager as a next step. The hiring manager was equally engaging and very easy to talk to. After interviewing with the hiring manager I was scheduled to come onsite and meet with three more people including the head of HR. All three interviews were informative and encouraging. A couple of weeks later I was contacted by the recruiter who informed me that they decided to go with an internal candidate. I was very appreciative of the fact that she took the time to call me versus just sending me a rejection email. This made me realize this was definitely a team I wanted to work with one day. I would highly recommend this company and I admire how they handled the interview process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to manage a tough situation that didn’t work out the way you wanted it to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an HR situation where you didn’t agree with the outcome.   Answer Question
    • What excites you about your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience where you’ve dealt with a tough employee relations issue.   Answer Question
    • How do you recognize and engage employees?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in your next career?   Answer Question
    • What led you to get into HR?   Answer Question
    • What do you like most and least about your current company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

Entered building and not greeted by the receptionist. Waited 15 minutes past interview time to be taken back. Interview was interrupted multiple times. Overall a very different interview experience and felt as though I was a burden.

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

Brief 20-30 minute phone call with a recruiter. However, "on-site" experience sounded like it was a absolutely necessary. The recruiter wasn't able to articulate clearly why on-site experience was mandatory. On-site experience could be recreated in many ways. After the call was over, I followed up for an update. Imagine being a senior recruiter based out of North Carolina for over 2 years and not having the ability to follow up. Great follow up skills buddy (sarcasm). Anyway, I'm glad I was ghosted, as the recruiter had a dull personality, most likely a reflection of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What is your compensation expectation? Is this a reasonable number?   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2020 – Senior Social Media Manager, Employment Brand

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback. Please email us at XPOTAfeedback@xpo.com so we can get more information.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

First came the phone interview with the recruiter. Very easy interview, chat. Then the interview with hiring manager that also flowed well. HR interview to follow. Recruiter called to tell me things went well to expect a call to set up the final interview. I sent two follow up emails and they completely ghosted me. Wouldn’t be such a big deal except the recruiter led me on. What kind of person/company does that?

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

I was asked to describe my competencies in the warehouse/logistics field. This was good, because it allowed me to describe abilities relevant to other, better jobs than the one for which I applied, of which I was not aware. It must be said about XPO: candidates considered for one position are not strictly considered for only that position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your warehouse experience.   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

phone Interview with recruiter, then interview with regional manager and a site visit to meet general manager of warehouse. Lastly, a meeting with the director to discuss possible offer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult management teams   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2020 – Senior Social Media Manager, Employment Brand

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback.