XPO Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uhrichsville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Uhrichsville, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a great experience. I had a phone interview which led to a face-to face interview, it was a very quick and easy process. I also was very appreciative in how I was updated every step of the way. I never felt as though I was forgotten.

Interview Questions

• If the customer called in and had a question that you couldn't answer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Senior Level Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Greenwich, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Very fast. It is completely unnecessary to ask offensive questions that can be found through doing a background check. I was told that the environment was not for the faint of heart. Putting all together, I got the impression that the Executive offices in Greenwich CT consist of bullying personalities.

After the interview process, I was never formally notified that they decided I was not what they were looking for. That too is rude and unprofessional. You give them your time, express your gratitude for their time, and then they cannot be bothered to let you know their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Spoke with someone in Due Diligence and they asked the following questions:
      1. Have you been terminated from a position?
      2. Did you embellish your resume?
      3. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in the past 3 years?
      4. Have you sold or consumed illegal drugs in the past 3 years?
      5. Do you have any liens or bankruptcies?
      6. Have you ever taken legal action against a company you worked for?
      7. Have you ever been involved in criminal activity where you never got caught?
      Answer Question

XPO Logistics Response

Jun 21, 2017 – Director, Employment Brand

Thank you for sharing your feedback, your comments are important to us. We are always looking for feedback on ways to improve our interview process. It sounds like you had a disappointing experience ... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

The hiring process seems to be a lengthy one. They take pride in the candidates that they choose and they take the time to make sure that the right candidate is chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• how do you interact with an aggressive or hostile employee?   Answer Question

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

It was laid back and very comfortable. I was asked questions that were expected, so I was fully prepared for it. I was dressed nice so I believe that helped me to be taken a bit more serious.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They asked questions a out my work history and seemed satisfied with my answers, so hired me on the spot. It wasn't your typical interview process.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Des Moines, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, felt like I was being interviewed by the grand wizard of the KKK , office was empty. Dishonest in the outcomes, was told they will call me Friday and have not heard from them and they will not return a voice mail call about inquiry. Very rude and unprofessional to not disposition an interviewee, notify them of your intent to move forward with another candidate or other options. A culture of respect for ones time is very important to consider by companies wanting to receive public support in the future.

Interview Questions

• Boeing proprietary information, about the supply chain system and process.   1 Answer

Administrative/Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Union City, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview. Interview started 15 minutes late and interviewer took a phone call DURING my interview and had me wait an additional 10 minutes while he chatted away. One of the most unorganized and unprofessional interviews I've ever been to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, which was an overview of the position and asking general questions about my resume. Was asked to come in for an in person interview the next day. That was a panel of interviewers, went smoothly and lasted about an hour. Received a call a week later for a second in person interview. They ask the same questions as the first interview, it's just a different person asking the questions. Very smooth process, very friendly people. Two days later, they called and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to prioritize projects that had a set deadline   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated my hourly pay.

Dock Loader/Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Basically guaranteed to start on night shifts, with little opportunity to move to days (only senior staff members get the schedule they want). Partial/basic/absolute-minimum benefits after 90 days, full benefits after a year. Overtime after 50 hours, not 40 (like most companies). 10 hour shifts. They gentleman that performed the interview, sidestepped the question of " Do you promote from within?" He tried to say how 1 manager was once a dock loader.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions like "Give me an example of a time when a situation happened and how you handled it.....Give me an example of a time when....."   Answer Question

PeopleSoft Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through temp agency, took 2 weeks to get a call back for a phone interview. I had to schedule on short notice so I didn't have time to mentally prepared. Group interview w/3 managers, 1 was driving so it was noisy and the phone kept cutting in/out. They didn't seem prepared one of them admitted to not having my resume in front of them but for the other 2 that did, they didn't seem to have read it/referenced it.

It almost felt as though they were randomly thinking of questions as they popped into their heads instead of asking more purposefully questions for an assessment of true candidacy.

Senior Systems Engineer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I had the pleasure of being headhunted by Recruiter Extraordinaire Mary Frances, for the role above. If you need to be recruited, there's no one better.

We had a friendly chat on the phone about my current role at my current employer, what tech stack I was doing, and in particular detail, my experience with Netsuite.

We then had two group-v-me phone screens where we discussed technical topics and technical design in detail, and an on-site interview at Portland itself.

Portland is a lovely place, and the folks at XPO are among the most professional and knowledgeable in their fields.

I wanted to work there very much because of the great people and company but unfortunately due to family reasons, I had to decline their competitive offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with scale with Netsuite?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had to give your boss bad news   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to learn something new in a short amount of time   Answer Question
    • Would a restlet be able to handle a very large dataset?   Answer Question
    • How do you extract large data sets from Netsuite?   Answer Question