Xcel Energy Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Started with phone interview, first interview (panel) then second interview (panel again). Both first and second interview seemed to have asked the same behavioral questions - waste of time. The second panel should have read over the initial responses and then determined from there appropriate questions to ask. This could have provided a better, more well-rounded understanding of individual's strengths.

Interview Questions

• The first question was about a time I disagreed with something and what I did to overcome it. I explained using the STAR technique and was then told "maybe you don't understand the question. Are you aware of the STAR technique?" Quite taken aback by each of the interviewers behaviors, rather curt, I explained again how I handled the situation as was told "maybe we should just move on to the second question." Best advice I can give to this team of individuals who choose to be part of the hiring process is to be aware of a person's strengths in their ability to overcome situations without having to be negative. Don't assume (and then sneer at the interviewee) thinking they answered the question wrong. I am now quite pleased I was not called back after the second interview after I experienced those behaviors from the individuals this organization places in leadership positions.

I would however give praises to the panel of interviewers I met for the first round as they were highly professional and well in tuned to the process. It was unfortunate to see the second round of interviewers be less than professional.   1 Answer