Xcel Energy Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xcel Energy Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Xcel Energy

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

I applied online and communicated through email to set up a phone interview. I made it to the next round, so will be having another interview. The next interview will be another phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe analysis and give an example.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Xcel Energy

Intern Interview

Interview

Very easy straightforward process. The interview took place in their downtown office. Was met with the basic questions and review of my resume. Overall, the interview was short and sweet. I heard back with an offer within a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• Very easy and straight forward interview process. Following the standard STAR questions for all interviews. Study up on these and you'll be fine. Describe a time when you were met with a difficult situation and solved a complex problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Lubbock, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online at Xcel.com for a job that read "Engineering Intern- Performance Testing Lab." I received a call from Minneapolis, MN 3 weeks later for a job in Amarillo, TX. That recruiter was from human resources. He set up a telephone interview the next day so that I could interview with a projection engineer by the name of Sean (last name withheld). He used STAR behavioral interview questions. As far as the technical side goes, he asked my level of expertise/skills on thermodynamics and fluid mechanics. He also asked if I had any health issues and if I was afraid of heights in excess of 250ft. He also stated that this job would get your hands dirty as it was in the field. After that, we had a little personal talk about what the job was actually about. He said we would be testing power plants in the northern New Mexico - Texas panhandle area for thermal efficiency and make suggestions as to what measures could be taken in order to increase their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate your thermodynamic and fluid mechanic skills.   1 Answer
    • Since you studied abroad, what do you think is the most important thing you learned while abroad?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

The questions were typically about my resume and included a lot of behavioral HR questions i.e., tell me about a situation of conflict with your boss..etc. Other questions were about my experience and skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview in one of the managers office with another person who was going to also be working on that specific project.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in February 2014.

Interview

easy and the HR called me probably around 6 days later and told me I was going to the next round.The phone interview was not pretty cool and i couldnt believe i got to the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief phone call mainly to discuss what you were looking for in a summer internship and your availability for an in person interview. The in person interview was held in the downtown Denver offices in a very nice conference room. The interview was held with four current employees (two of which were upper level management).

Interview Questions

• What is an example of an obstacle you have recently faced in life and how did you handle the adversity?   Answer Question
    • What's an example of a project or piece of work that you are proud of?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a team member or colleague who wasn't carrying their share of responsibility.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later got an email asking for an in person interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks and then got an offer a week after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

Two people in the room. Professional attire and formal questions. Lasted about 30 min. They were late to the interview because I had to wait for them for 10 min to come pick me up in the lobby