Xcel Energy Demand Side Energy Team Lead/Sales Supervisor In Call Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.9

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

Went in for an interview and got an offer pretty quickly. Overall pretty good interview. The people were nice during the process. Good communication with the offer letter. They were quick and made it a nice process.

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to work with a person who you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Xcel Energy

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in August 2017.

Interview

It was drawn out longer than necessary. Six weeks between application and interviews, another 6 weeks to getting an offer, and another 4 weeks to negotiate a counter which was clearly HR playing games.

Interview Questions

• How have you personally developed in the last several years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

Initial phone call, then in person interview with panel of two. Asked about seven questions. Friendly interviewers, tough questions. Called back within 2 weeks of the interview with results of the interview.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview in one of the managers office with another person who was going to also be working on that specific project.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight forward STAR formal questions. Describe a time when you had to work with a project team, what was the project and what was the outcome? Describe a time when something needed immediate action and how did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Meteorolgoical Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone interview with Hiring Manager about 2 weeks later. An in-person interview was then quickly scheduled at their office, which I was flown out for (travel expenses were covered). In-person interview lasted a few hours but was not overly intense, met those I would be working with most closely. Had two follow-up email correspondences with Hiring Manager, one and two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I handle high stress, fast paced trading environments   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

They contacted me and asked to do an in person interview. The interview was with three people, mostly behavioral based questions. I heard back 2 weeks later and they offered the job. I would have taken it but it was too far away.

Senior Security Analyst-SIEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an initial interview a week and a half after applying online. the First interview was with a current security analyst. the following week I had an interview with HR. I then interviewed with the Chief Security officer the following week. there were three separate interviews over a three week period by phone. the process moves fast within this company

Interview Questions

• General questions based on our resume, education, and work Experience. The STAR method was used when discussing these three areas.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied with the help of a Recruiter. Process was simple and straightforward. I had an on site interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. Took about one hour. Were all very nice and had down to earth questions about how I would react to certain situations the position might encounter.

Interview Questions

• General questions about background and how it would apply to the open position.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in May 2016 for a Staff Engineer Position and was contacted by the hiring manager in late June. A phone interview was conducted a week later and the hiring manager spent about 20 minutes providing information about the position and his management style followed by walking through my resume and answering few questions about myself. The hiring manager contacted me a few weeks later to set up an in person interview. An in person interview was conducted in late July with hiring manager, 2 SR engineers and an associate engineer. The in person interview last roughly an hour and consisted of questions from a question book pre-assembled for the interview. Hr contacted me to make the offer discuss the benefits a few weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral such as please describe a time when you have...or how would you handle such and such an issue. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO).

Interview

It took several weeks for the company to begin interviews after the job closed. However, once HR contacted me for a very brief (easy) phone screen to 1.) see if I was still interested since it had been some time, and 2.) feel me out for salary requirements. The same day of the phone screen I had an interview scheduled within about 3 business days. My interview was with department manager and one team member. Interviewers were very professional and pleasant. Interview was same day as this survey so no job offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straight forward STAR formal questions. Describe a time when you had to work with a project team, what was the project and what was the outcome? Describe a time when something needed immediate action and how did you respond? What was the outcome? What is demand side mapping? What is load planning? Rate your knowledge of energy efficiency. Rate your knowledge of renewable energy.   1 Answer