Xcel Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xcel Energy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in November 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted for an in person interview. I had an interview with the hiring manager and another senior engineering.

Unfortunately this was over a year ago. I do not remember interview questions specifically but I remember it being very standard questions for interns (e.g. explain a project you had. How did you struggle? etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your programming experience?
      ...
      What specifically do you know?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

The questions were typically about my resume and included a lot of behavioral HR questions i.e., tell me about a situation of conflict with your boss..etc. Other questions were about my experience and skills.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Interview through a recruiter. Hour long meeting with three people from team I would be working with. Initial talk went over market knowledge but mostly simple questions. Other questions were fairly behavioral. Drew on past experience a lot and how it would work in their system.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience when you had to use Excel to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very late and seemed unprepared for meeting me. Most of the interview consisted of him scanning my resume which he had obviously never bothered to look at before the interview.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy and relational interview. They wanted to know how I applied my experience to life and what type of personality I had. The rest they could teach me. It was one on one in a giant room and there was one other interview going on in the same room but far away, so we couldn't hear them. For the most part it felt very personal and the interviewer was very kind and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you turned a difficult situation into a positive.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in August 2015.

Interview

Had an over the phone interview 2-3 weeks after applying online that had standard interview questions then a in person interview within a week that showed the kind of work I would be doing. No questions during in person interview.

Compensation Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard interview - said they'd call back to let me know if I'd been selected for a second round. Never heard from them again. No reply to emails requesting information. Very RUDE.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - why do you want to leave, customer service experience, how to handle differing opinions between policy and hiring manager on compensation levels.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview process - easy questions like how do you manage time. How do you project cost esimates,. What did you do to control scheduling, etc. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years. How would you rate yourself n MS products, etc..

Supervisor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

They now have an assessment test that is bad. 10+ years experience in my career with them and it didn't matter. If you fail the test, you don't get an interview. The test is bad. I finished my bachelors degree while working full time with a grade point average of 4.0. The test rated me as unmotivated. It tests don't work.

Interview Questions

• The interview method used is STAR   1 Answer

Plant Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Amarillo, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the plant manager approximate 1.5 months after I applied, and was given a phone interview on the spot. The questions were designed to evaluate behavior and critical thinking in unfamiliar territory. The manager was accommodating and professional considering that I was in a noisy environment when he called.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed, and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question