Xcel Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xcel Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Xcel Energy

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

The questions were typically about my resume and included a lot of behavioral HR questions i.e., tell me about a situation of conflict with your boss..etc. Other questions were about my experience and skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview in one of the managers office with another person who was going to also be working on that specific project.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in February 2014.

Interview

easy and the HR called me probably around 6 days later and told me I was going to the next round.The phone interview was not pretty cool and i couldnt believe i got to the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief phone call mainly to discuss what you were looking for in a summer internship and your availability for an in person interview. The in person interview was held in the downtown Denver offices in a very nice conference room. The interview was held with four current employees (two of which were upper level management).

Interview Questions

• What is an example of an obstacle you have recently faced in life and how did you handle the adversity?   Answer Question
    • What's an example of a project or piece of work that you are proud of?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a team member or colleague who wasn't carrying their share of responsibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Amarillo, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually two parts. First round telephone interview and second round in person interview. The first round telephone interview used behavioral based questions like," describe a situation you had a conflict with a team mate and how you reacted to the situation." And the second interview was in person and focused more on abstract questions like,"why is a manhole cover round?"

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers circular?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

2 interviews- approximately 30 minutes each. One with the whole team and one with the manager. I felt a little bit judged by the team, but it was good to get an impression of who I'd be working with. The interview was also in the area where I'd be working, so it was also nice to get a good impression of where I would be working

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (standard questions)   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

Went in for an interview and got an offer pretty quickly. Overall pretty good interview. The people were nice during the process. Good communication with the offer letter. They were quick and made it a nice process.

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to work with a person who you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

They contacted me and asked to do an in person interview. The interview was with three people, mostly behavioral based questions. I heard back 2 weeks later and they offered the job. I would have taken it but it was too far away.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through talent acquisition. Received an email within a week asking to schedule an interview in the Denver, CO office. Interview was with directing manager and lasted an hour long. Straightforward questions regarding previous experiences, current education, and some behavioral questions. The interview was a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a new idea and it turned out to provide benefits to your team/company.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

STAR system is the format used in the interview process. Situation, Task, Action and Result.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation-salary was competitive