Xcel Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Xcel Energy

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very late and seemed unprepared for meeting me. Most of the interview consisted of him scanning my resume which he had obviously never bothered to look at before the interview.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview in one of the managers office with another person who was going to also be working on that specific project.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight forward STAR formal questions. Describe a time when you had to work with a project team, what was the project and what was the outcome? Describe a time when something needed immediate action and how did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied with the help of a Recruiter. Process was simple and straightforward. I had an on site interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. Took about one hour. Were all very nice and had down to earth questions about how I would react to certain situations the position might encounter.

Interview Questions

• General questions about background and how it would apply to the open position.   Answer Question

Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I responded to a job posting on the Xcel Energy website, but was already well known to the Company as I had worked in the same industry for some time. I interviewed with the Managing Director and Vice President, and was offered the position about two days later. Hiring included passing a security screen and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe our company needs to do to adapt to the changing energy market?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offer and incentive plan were attractive, but as a more experienced employee I sought more time off than the standard two weeks offered a new employee. I was able to secure four weeks of vacation without much difficulty.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

This was a very professional interview process. It moved very quickly and there was clear flexibility and willingness to accommodate schedules. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and their field and did a good job of conveying where the position fit within the organization. This was a contract position and they did a good job of explaining how the contracting process worked.

Interview Questions

• What skills and strengths do you think that you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

My application was made on the company website. I was contacted via email that I was selected for an interview. I had a phone interview with the hiring team with questions that utilizes the STAR interview process. The interview lasted about 40minutes.

Interview Questions

• All questions were asked utilizing the STAR process where you are asked for a specific situation, task, action, and result   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was several STAR questions. There were several personal ones, conflict with people you work with or other departments, a conflict between you and another employee, a time when you had to pull the team together or plans changed.

Interview Questions

• STAR statements regarding relationships, tell about time when there was a conflict between you and another department, how did you resolve it, what was the conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Very Professional from the beginning. On the day of interview manager called me up spoke with me, was casual, then interviewed by two engineers, they said they will follow up. Basic electrical engineering questions and some related to power. Just brushed up my Power 1 and Power 2 notes for the interview. Nice company environment and seemed like a good place to work

Interview Questions

• Basics of power analysis, circuit theory, some Emag questions just basic understanding, rest was logistics like when I could join etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. I was asked around 10 pretty standard questions. He spent a lot of time telling me the different types of work that i would be doing while i was there. I believe he had a previous intern who didn't work out, and wanted to make sure that i knew enough about the position before i took it.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped a fellow employee at a past job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and at job fair, went for interview a month later, recieved a rejection email about 4 months. Interview was with a senior engineer and a entry-level engineer. 20 minutes long, several basic star questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you encountered and the tools you used to solve it.   Answer Question