Xcel Energy Product Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Xcel Energy

1.5

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Did a quick 15-minute phone screening with HR. They set me up for a phone interview with Project Manager and an associate a few days later. The interview was pretty bland. It was almost like they already had a candidate in mind and needed to meet a quota for interviews. They were upset that I didn't have an MBA. My resume clearly does not list an MBA, so I am not sure why I was asked to interview if this was a crucial requirement for the job. The two interviewers seemed very bro-y and lacked any interest in asking me about my qualifications other than what was obviously on my MBA, no questions about soft skills, personality, problem-solving. Again, making me think they obviously had someone else in mind. Told them why I wanted to work for Xcel, and why I was a good fit for the job.

However, I was completely ghosted by the interviewers and the HR person. I asked for some feedback, or even a simple update and got nothing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Xcel Energy

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in December 2018.

Interview

I had three interviews (one on the phone, two in person) and at every step the process was very positive. The questions were clear, the personnel were very professional, pleasant and relaxed, and at every step it was clear that the team wanted the experience to be as enjoyable and positive as an interview can be?

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the key priorities for Xcel today?   Answer Question