Xebia Java Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xebia Java Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xebia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in Xebia for the position of Java Consultant. The procedure for selection is a complete joke. They were not serious about the hiring process. I cleared 1 written round, 2 technical rounds and 1 final cultural fitness round. At first the HR head who took the cultural fitness round seemed very impressed with my profile and was very eager to hire me. They told me that I've cleared all the rounds and asked me to share some documents for verification. They told me that I'll have to join within a month or so. I shared all the required documents the same day. After that there was no response from Xebia for 2 weeks. I called the HR coordinator to ask about the status but she just told that the letter is in process and I'll share it to you in the next couple of days. After this again there was no response from Xebia. I kept calling the HR coordinator to get the status but she ignored my calls. This went on for about 2 months. After this they said that they have to talk to some client in UAE to get the approval and I'll have to work in UAE for a new project they've acquired. Again after this there was no response from Xebia. I called them up again after a couple of weeks but this time they said that I've to go through the selection procedure again. This time they conducted the technical round through Skype. I cleared the technical rounds. After this there was again a cultural fitness round, which was taken by the same HR head who took it the last time. The same questions were asked and my response was also the same. After this there was again no response from Xebia as expected. I called the HR coordinator again after a week and she said that I've not cleared the cultural fitness round.

I urge Xebia to take the candidates seriously and conduct a drive only if you want to hire.

I would suggest to not waste your time on this company. It was the worst interview experience.

Interview Questions

• There is a group of n people. A serial killer comes and kills every kth person from the group and keeps on repeating this until there is only one person left and he spares the life of that person. Write an equation/algorithm which takes n and k as input and give the position of the guy who will be alive after the complete process. For eg: Let us assume there is a group of 13 (n) people and the serial killer kills every 3rd (k) person. The positions on which they are standing are marked 1 to 13. The order in which he kills will be: 3, 6, 9, 12, 2, 7, 11, 4, 10, 5, 1, 8. This way the guy on 13th positon will be saved.   Answer Question

Xebia Response

Mar 11, 2016 – Senior Director-Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and we shall surely strengthen our communication process towards recruitment .Since by now you have personally interacted with many of us , I urge you to reach out to us... More

Other Interview Reviews for Xebia

Java Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xebia in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is really good. The HR was really co-operative. I missed first round of telephonic interview due to office load but the HR rescheduled it again. The interviewer was really nice. We started with TDD as it was mentioned in the job description. He asked me the basic concepts of TDD, how did we implemented in our projects, what are the advantage and disadvantage of TDD. Concept of any mocking framework. Then he asked whether I know BDD or not.

The interviewer seems very technical guy and was really polite and friendly. Then we moved to the core java. As I do not have ample preparation I failed in this round. Most of the questions were asked from basic concepts. He asked me on Cloning, equals hash-code contract, Collection - what is concept of hashing based data structures, different implementation of Set, Map, there differences. When to use which data structure, serialization concept. Comparable and comparator their differences.

It was a nice experience although. Good warm-up for me for the upcoming hiring season :).

Interview Questions

• Difference between Hash-Map and Linked Hashmap?
      Why we use clone()? What is the purpose.
      TreeSet related questions.
      Difference between Comparable and Comparator.
      TDD and Junit Related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Xebia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Interview process is good also the attitude of employees is also good.
    There were five technical round and one round on skype so total 6 round . All having very good technical question and design related problems . I cleared all the round and got the offer. But i reject the offer

But PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS COMPANY if you are already working on a MNC. Their package if FAKE . Appendix B and Appendix C are totally fake.
    You will not got a hike of even 10K in your in hand salary and please read the review of other one also its not a good company they do not have good policy and if you are looking for growth then PLEASE this is not a right company.

Interview Questions

FAKE SALARY STRUCTURE. PLEASE DON'T RUIN YOUR CAREER.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xebia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Invited more people than they could handle. Interview panel came in after half day. Everyone called out that they only need coders and nothing else. It was told that offer letter will be rolled out same day for the candidates clearing all rounds. After clearing all rounds I was told that they will now give me a coding exercise that needs to be submitted from home. Although my patience barrier was broken but i accepted that and sent that next day. A skype call was arranged but I asked it to be rescheduled because of my office calls. They replied now your attempt has been cancelled. Highly disgusting, frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not asked by looking at CV, also no one was interested in hearing the answers or experiences. Most of the questions were technically very basic and API based.   Answer Question

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xebia (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

I got a call through teamlease consultancy. Interview was scheduled in Bangalore on weekend. I arrived at the venue on time and first round of interview started within just 5 min. I was really impressed with process. In first round, i was asked regular oops java questions and then this guy told me that you have not worked on Spring so its not possible to take you on board.

Now i want to ask these people, they sat on CV for almost 1 week and could not see my skill set. Hilarious part was, that guy used the words "In our company everybody knows spring you know.. yo can understand". what the heck this mean.. i am not able to understand till date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xebia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was a coding exercise. A problem statement was given, inputs and expected output was also given.Time given to code was 2-2.5 hrs.I was supposed to write an effective java code to show my OOAD skills, clean with no code smells and if possible was supposed to write test cases also. More emphasis was on usage of design pattern.The problem statement was-
    Basic sales tax is applicable at a rate of 10% on all goods, except books, food, and medical products that are exempt.
    Import duty is an additional sales tax applicable on all imported goods at a rate of 5%, with no exemptions.

When I purchase items I receive a receipt which lists the name of all the items and their price (including tax), finishing with the total cost of the items, and the total amounts of sales taxes paid.
    The rounding rules for sales tax are that for a tax rate of n%, a shelf price of p contains (np/100 rounded up to the nearest 0.05) amount of sales tax.

Once the coding was done, code was reviewed and again couple of questions were asked about factory pattern and singleton pattern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xebia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process at Xebia is simple.
    1st round will be coding round.
    2nd round will be review of the code along with technical discussion (2 people)
    3rd round will be pure technical (resume round) by 2 people
    4th round will be HR round

Interview Questions

• Core Java
      J2EE
      Frameworkds
      Design Patterns   1 Answer

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xebia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Programming exercises, based on design pattern. A set of 8-10 programming questions , all based on different design patterns. Application of design pattern is seen in this excercises. Followed by a technical round of interview. Specific foucs on what you did as well as spring is given priority.

Interview Questions

• In technical round lot of programming questions are asked on different scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered very good package, no negotiation was required