Xerox Mechanical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xerox Mechanical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Xerox

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Rochester, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Got a couple of email from HR, no phone interview. They flew me in for 2 1-hr interviews with different teams. First interview was with 2 engineering managers mostly asking about behavioral questions. Second interview was mostly the guy talking about what he works on, hardly asked a question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Xerox

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was fun and easy. It was a one on one interview, with the standard initial interview questions and a few basic technical questions. Really simple engineering concept questions.

They invited me for an interview day that consisted of 5 one on one interviews each an hour long, plus a lunch break. The one on ones were very challenging, almost completely technical questions except for the last one. All of the interviewers were friendly and helpfull, but definitely demanding. It helped that I prepared ahead of time!

Interview Questions

• Presented a part drawing and asked how I would define the datum structure.   Answer Question
    • Presented a part and was asked what were the issues that would cause the anomaly in the feedback graph.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

The Xerox interview process is best described as a marathon. They will ask you questions ranging from soft skills (assessing how you will interact with others) to full on engineering problems. Interviews are one on one and last about 30-60 minutes each. Each interviewer has an area that they are assessing. There was a nice dinner after the interviews. All interactions are professional and fairly congenial. HR was responsive to getting me to and from the interview as well as following up with an offer after the interviews were done.

Interview Questions

• What is the part, what does it do, and what can be done to make it better? What are the design flaws?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation, but only by a few thousand dollars.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox.

Interview

Rigorous process; all day interview with nearly 10 separate 1on1s. Spoke with management, engineers, designers. It gave a good introduction to the job and day to day activities. We walked through the different labs displaying the different Xerox products.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and how it can fit with the company.   1 Answer