Xerox Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xerox Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Xerox

4.0

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox.

Interview

Contacted by HR first, then spoke to the hiring manager for a phone interview. After about one month, I was brought in for an on-site panel interview that took about 6 hours. Each panel interview was with two people for one hour.

They mostly asked technical and behavioral questions. Interviews seemed pretty long and in-depth for an early career position.

HR was extremely unprofessional and completely ghosted me after the on-site interview. All of my phone calls were completely ignored. I can take the hint, but it makes your organization look pretty disorganized.

Other Interview Reviews for Xerox

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

One interview is based on behavioral questions that is conducted by the recruiter. The second interview is with the manager. Technical questions are asked, which include engineering fundamentals and problems solving.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 kinds of heat transfer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a base hourly rate plus relocation assistance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

Screening interview consisted of basic engineering questions, relating to stress strain curves and related equations mostly. I was also asked a bunch of questions about successes, failures, working on a team, a time when a member on a team wasn't performing, etc. At the end of the interview, he asked a problem solving question about a rope and a clock. It was a good question that I didn't have the "correct" answer for, but the "correct" answer doesn't seem like a great one. Mine was better actually.

Interview Questions

• If you only had a rope and a alarm clock, how would you measure the height of a building?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in June 2008.

Interview

It was an all day thing. There were 8-10 different interviews. The questions were difficult, technical. Very intensive on use of problem solving techniques. Some not too friendly, others were friendly. The hardest interviews of my career. Did end up getting the job but offer was not timely. They did pay for the move.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 ways you have used problem solving to fix problems in your last job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Xerox.

Interview

It is an indepth, grueling process. After a phone screen interview you are brought in for a full day interview with 6 to 8 different people asking highly technical, difficult questions. They cover a big range of topics - dynamics, statics, materials, problem solving in general, does, drawings, critical specifications, reliability, etc.