Xerox Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xerox Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xerox.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter asked if interested in the contract position in xerox, so I said yes and they sent my resume to the hiring manager. A few days later I got the phone call to have a interview with the manager, where I met my future manger and director. They are both very nice people and we talked my experience on my resume. Not much technical questions or so.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Xerox

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Was e-mailed by the manager of the team I would be working for. No initial phone interview happened; I was invited to come directly to the work location and interview in person. Had two rounds of interviews with the manager of the team and his senior level staff. No coding / technical questions were asked. Instead, they asked basic questions around language concepts and tools, as well as items off of my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Rochester, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

3 rounds with multiple teams in different groups. Main focus on technical skills, programming skills and cultural fit. Asked about previous experience and projects. A tour of the facility during on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Resume on the company site, phone call, one day interview. Met with four different teams working on all different levels and products. Asked technical questions relating to their projects. Questions were about the projects worked on during education time, and spare time activities.

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very basic technical questions related with latest trends of .NET

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't went into any negotiations. Went for the brand name.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Rochester, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

I walked into the office in downtown Rochester, the office seemed really big and organized. Then after talking to security I was taken to the 16th floor where I had a 2:1 interview. The first guy I couldn't understand his foreign accent too well, but the 2nd guy I could. They described the job as using the google maps API to pinpoint where to send out technicians to repair things. I believe they asked me about ASP.NET experience and Javascript. After a few questions I had them sold and they actually walked me to my car. They seemed really friendly, however their offer was not enticing enough to leave school for 6 months.

Interview Questions

I chose to study instead

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (El Segundo, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

I first met them at a career fair at my school. The rep was extremely friendly and although I had only stopped there because he smiled at me, he immediately made me interested in the company. He made sure to ask me what my career goals were and wrote them down at the top of my resume to make sure he didn't forget. True to his word, he got my resume in and I was contacted soon for an interview.

The actual interview took place onsite and lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 4 different managers, each lasting half an hour. My first interview was half behavioral and half technical, ending with a whiteboard question. A member from the team was also present in this interview. My next 2 interviews were mostly talking about the company and only slightly technical. The last interview had a question similar to "How many televisions do you think are in the United States". The first manager and the third manager were both very friendly although the second and the fourth seemed rather bored.

The main advice I would give is just to be very enthusiastic about Xerox. The people who work there have such a huge sense of pride in the company and they are very loyal to Xerox. You should sound very excited to have the chance of interviewing there. Do research before you go - make sure you know the current news about Xerox and then try to bring that up in your interview so you can show you really know the company. Also, Xerox loves "horizontal learning" - talk about things you have done just for the experience instead of just doing it to further your career.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that determines the number of 1 bits in the computer's internal representation of a given integer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I actually interviewed for an intern position so I could not negotiate for that. However, after my internship was over, I was offered a full time position for when I graduated and the salary was definitely comparable to other similar companies. However, I still looked around and got another offer. Although the salary was lower, they were able to provide me with a bonus which I mentioned to Xerox. I was able to negotiate a starting bonus which was very generous of them. My advice is if you have another offer, tell Xerox and most likely they will try to negotiate to convince you to accept their offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xerox (Noida (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First there will be a Question and answer round aftr that if u get shortlisted for the next round held on next week then there will be a written round aftr that a main HR manager round held on the same day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about sql joins   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

campus interview at Bangalore. process was Online test followed by two technical interview.
    Test: 30% algorithm, 40% signal processing, 30% machine learning.
    interview: round one - signal processing and machine learning
    round two - algorithm design

Interview Questions

• kalman filter, EM algorithm, ML, MAP.
      Fourier Transform related question   Answer Question
    • Coin change problem (Dynamic programming), Matrix sort problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

This was part of campus recruitment. I was selected in the extended list. First interviewer stated with tell me about yourself and your interests. There were three rounds of interview with total time spent in the interviews would be around 3 hrs. The first interviewer went into detailed questions regarding my projects what I did and the maths behind it. The second interview was totally based on ML concept's.