Xerox Interview Questions in Webster, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.3

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice and laid back. He just asked me questions about my resume and some outside work I was doing. Overall, there weren't too many surprises except just asking me about APIs and JSON.

Software Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview - Ask about my background and if i have any interest in software testing
    2. Onsite interview a month later - Talk about the position, company and more about my background
    3. Got the call. Did drug test that day.
    4. Went to work a week later

Interview Questions

• What do you know about printers? Have you ever done any sort of software testing?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a good interview with some people I had worked with in the past. It looked very promising, since I had many, if not all, of the skills and experience that they sought. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick. I was over qualified for the position
     Even more so than my interviewer. We sat down he asked a few question about me as a CSR and asked if I was ok with a drug test

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at xerox   1 Answer

Product Delivery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The screening phone interview was conducted by other engineers, so it's easy to talk about technical topics. During the on-site interview, I met with engineers of all levels. Xerox seems to have "standard" interview questions and forms, but not everyone follows this form. I practiced behavioral questions beforehand, which was helpful, but there were still some questions that I did not expect.

Interview Questions

• What was the most critical comment that you have received and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very organized and they got back to me very quickly! Everyone was very nice and professional. The Recruiter knew a lot about the company and the job and explained it all to me in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a positive experience with a customer?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an email from the in-house recruiter to schedule a call with the hiring manager, who was located in another state. It was a fairly lengthy call (about 45 minutes) where he probed into my background and asked me lots of questions. By the end of the call, he offered me a call to meet the person I would be replacing in my state. After the interview, I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position and discuss salary.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral/situational questions as well as background information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a 5% increase in their initial salary offer, and they immediately agreed.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I believe it was just a series of phone interviews. I received an offer after the last interview which was a technical interview for 30 mins with the manager. You will be required to take a drug test within 3 days of receiving the offer letter.

IMPORTANT/WARNING: I was offered the job, accepted, then a little over a month down the road the offer was rescinded unexpectedly!

The offer letter I received stated a 3.0 GPA was required. I went to one college for 2 years and transferred to another for 2 more years. When I received the offer letter, I told the manager that sent me the offer that I don't meet the GPA requirements at my second school, I have a 2.85 at my second school and a 3.4 at my first. He replied saying that he spoke with the HR department and Xerox could average the two GPA grades together. I have this conversation over an email.

They received my first schools transcript first. After around 6 weeks when they received my transcript for my second school, I received an email from the manager saying that the offer was rescinded because of a poor GPA and I would receive a call from the hiring manager.

After a week of trying to straighten things out by talking to managers, HR and the hiring manager, nothing was going to change. For those who may not have known about averaging the two GPA grades together, I forwarded the email conversation about that.

I had 3 other job offers that I turned down for this one. I waited a long time to just find out the offer was rescinded. The accepting process was irritating because the online account had technical issues.

NOTE: BE CAREFUL WHEN ACCEPTING AN OFFER FROM THIS COMPANY

Negotiation

NOTE: BE CAREFUL WHEN ACCEPTING AN OFFER FROM THIS COMPANY

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Was e-mailed by the manager of the team I would be working for. No initial phone interview happened; I was invited to come directly to the work location and interview in person. Had two rounds of interviews with the manager of the team and his senior level staff. No coding / technical questions were asked. Instead, they asked basic questions around language concepts and tools, as well as items off of my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

pretty good - they asked me some management questions. All went well except they told me it was a direct hire but turned out to be through an agency. That created some issues for later because two years later, I was let go very easily since I was a contractor. Not sure if that was a lie or not.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to juggle so many tasks in life?   1 Answer