Xerox Interview Questions in Wilsonville, OR | Glassdoor

3.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Four person interview process. All were about 30 to 45 minutes long. Prepped questions for each person based on role and the company. Spoke with the hiring manager, Product Marketing Manager, Sr. Director in Sales and another Channel Marketing Manager. It was good to have questions as it appeared the hiring manager preferred me leading the questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Learned about the opening from a friend I'd worked with previously
    Submitted my resume
    Participate in a group interview with 3 team members
    Had a phone interview with the remote supervisor
    Took a drug test and references were checked
    Offer was made

Interview Questions

• Will I tell corporate about how they conduct business from a remote location?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief. In hindsight I should have done job negotiating.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Phone Interview then on-campus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable negotiation process.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

My interview consisted of a presentation given to the prospective research group, followed by a succession of one-hour interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Identifying the mathematical forms behind hand-drawn plots of data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was easy. I was able to negotiate a 20% raise over current, and an extra week of vacation.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

The contact I made with Xerox was friendly and very communicative. I initially had a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. My interviewer gave me a timeline for hearing back from them and then promptly followed that to a tee. I was invited for an on-site interview that included lunch and a manufacturing tour. I interviewed with 3 pairs of people, ate lunch with them and took a tour of the facility. They were very nice and relaxed during all three of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was handed a P&ID and asked to tell them what I was looking at explain what I could about the process.   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Be prepared to provide specific examples of your technical skills, including engineering theory, analysis, statistical methods, GD&T, heat transfer, CAD, problem solving, etc. The Xerox interview process is rigorous and the expectations are high; the team has a high level of technical competence and won't be fooled by any hand waving.

Interview Questions

• Some managers present candidates with a box full of interesting engineering "toys," and ask the candidate to explain how they work or what the phenomenon is that is demonstrated in the toy design. This is more about how you think and approach problems than getting the perfect answers.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was fun and easy. It was a one on one interview, with the standard initial interview questions and a few basic technical questions. Really simple engineering concept questions.

They invited me for an interview day that consisted of 5 one on one interviews each an hour long, plus a lunch break. The one on ones were very challenging, almost completely technical questions except for the last one. All of the interviewers were friendly and helpfull, but definitely demanding. It helped that I prepared ahead of time!

Interview Questions

• Presented a part drawing and asked how I would define the datum structure.   Answer Question
    • Presented a part and was asked what were the issues that would cause the anomaly in the feedback graph.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

Screening interview consisted of basic engineering questions, relating to stress strain curves and related equations mostly. I was also asked a bunch of questions about successes, failures, working on a team, a time when a member on a team wasn't performing, etc. At the end of the interview, he asked a problem solving question about a rope and a clock. It was a good question that I didn't have the "correct" answer for, but the "correct" answer doesn't seem like a great one. Mine was better actually.

Interview Questions

• If you only had a rope and a alarm clock, how would you measure the height of a building?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

One interview is based on behavioral questions that is conducted by the recruiter. The second interview is with the manager. Technical questions are asked, which include engineering fundamentals and problems solving.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 kinds of heat transfer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a base hourly rate plus relocation assistance.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

The Xerox interview process is best described as a marathon. They will ask you questions ranging from soft skills (assessing how you will interact with others) to full on engineering problems. Interviews are one on one and last about 30-60 minutes each. Each interviewer has an area that they are assessing. There was a nice dinner after the interviews. All interactions are professional and fairly congenial. HR was responsive to getting me to and from the interview as well as following up with an offer after the interviews were done.

Interview Questions

• What is the part, what does it do, and what can be done to make it better? What are the design flaws?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation, but only by a few thousand dollars.