Xilinx Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xilinx Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Xilinx

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first received an email to schedule a 10 minuet prescreen with the recruiter. During the prescreen I was explained the requirements of the job and given a chance to introduce myself.
After that, I was given an hour technical interview interview about a week later.

The interview involved mostly software related questions and behavioral/work style questions. Software questions were mostly about what algorithms I know and optimal ways to do things (sort, search, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Explain your thought process when debugging your code.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Xilinx in March 2016.

Interview

They mainly asked about my experience and related to project. The Manager also described the work involved in the team and was trying to gather where my interest would lie in his team.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone screening and then an informal conversation over lunch. We went over my resume and talked about projects and coursework, then they talked about the team and what the strategic objectives were. Afterward they answered my questions about the team and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects and classes listed on the resume, have a conversation about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call from the HR . The interview was scheduled a week after. It was a 30 minute phone interview. The position was for a software developer for creating a search engine. I was asked basic questions regarding search engine development. I was also asked about my past work experience as well as academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic considerations when designing a search engine   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially offered a little less than the average market pay for an intern. After further negotiation, got a revised offer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 2 weeks for the process. had onsite interview. Pretty easy and quick response, when it comes to decision. HAd one phone interview before this. Great company to work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xilinx in March 2012.

Interview

This was Internship position at Hyderabad, India. There was firstly a phone interview in which they asked me simple questions like reverse a string, pointer concepts, array concepts and to implement an operation using logic gates. I do not remember the exact questions. Sorry about that. Then I was called over on-site. There were three interviewers and an HR person, who ensured that the things were going fine.
    They were mostly looking for confidence on your concepts, whichever field you have quoted on your resume.However that was where I was lacking(confidence). I realized they were looking to hire hardware programmer/test. But were OK if the person didn't know the stuff, as they are going to train them anyway. They asked me:

Nyquist Theorem, Finite State Machine and stuff on my resume.
    The third interviewer was slightly a strict person, unlike the other two who were pretty friendly. He asked me derivations of Fourier Transform, which I forgot. It took me some time to get to a step where from I couldn't get any further. He asked me another question which I didnt know, and that's when I've understood that I bombed my interview.
    I wouldn't know if there were further any stages of interview, cause I got a reject.

Intern Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews one day after the other which were both technical and behavioral in nature. Second was a little more technical than the first. Problems were done on google docs

Interview Questions

• Some of the easier ones were general bit manipulation problems   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for one hour, then brought in for one on one, interviewed by each of the senior managers for about hour and half total. Whole process took about 4 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

For an intern interview process was telephonic round .I was interviewed for an hour .Process went on smoothly.Interviewer gives us hints when you are stuck at any logic .Liked the interview process

Interview Questions

• checked my total knowledge on Digital electronics(starting from Number systems to sequential circuits).Also FPGA flow and about some Tool commands and also unix commands.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xilinx (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied through their website, pretty quick response and then an interview which dept manager asked about you before telling you more about what they do and your jobs scope.