Xilinx Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xilinx Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first received an email to schedule a 10 minuet prescreen with the recruiter. During the prescreen I was explained the requirements of the job and given a chance to introduce myself.
After that, I was given an hour technical interview interview about a week later.

The interview involved mostly software related questions and behavioral/work style questions. Software questions were mostly about what algorithms I know and optimal ways to do things (sort, search, etc.).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 2 weeks for the process. had onsite interview. Pretty easy and quick response, when it comes to decision. HAd one phone interview before this. Great company to work.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call from the HR . The interview was scheduled a week after. It was a 30 minute phone interview. The position was for a software developer for creating a search engine. I was asked basic questions regarding search engine development. I was also asked about my past work experience as well as academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic considerations when designing a search engine   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially offered a little less than the average market pay for an intern. After further negotiation, got a revised offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xilinx in March 2012.

Interview

This was Internship position at Hyderabad, India. There was firstly a phone interview in which they asked me simple questions like reverse a string, pointer concepts, array concepts and to implement an operation using logic gates. I do not remember the exact questions. Sorry about that. Then I was called over on-site. There were three interviewers and an HR person, who ensured that the things were going fine.
    They were mostly looking for confidence on your concepts, whichever field you have quoted on your resume.However that was where I was lacking(confidence). I realized they were looking to hire hardware programmer/test. But were OK if the person didn't know the stuff, as they are going to train them anyway. They asked me:

Nyquist Theorem, Finite State Machine and stuff on my resume.
    The third interviewer was slightly a strict person, unlike the other two who were pretty friendly. He asked me derivations of Fourier Transform, which I forgot. It took me some time to get to a step where from I couldn't get any further. He asked me another question which I didnt know, and that's when I've understood that I bombed my interview.
    I wouldn't know if there were further any stages of interview, cause I got a reject.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for one hour, then brought in for one on one, interviewed by each of the senior managers for about hour and half total. Whole process took about 4 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xilinx (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Chat for 45 minutes, some problem based questions. They're extremely welcoming, overall a lovely crowd and I'd like to reassure that if you were to go for an interview to be calm and be optimistic. They were very understanding in that they realised i'd be nervous pointed that out to me to put me at ease. Just take your time and if you're enthusiastic about the job, they'll definitely consider you. College results aren't everything

Interview Questions

• Asked me the basics of digital electronics D type flip flop etc.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through college. Got interviewed by two managers within two weeks of application. When I first entered they asked me which of the two available places that I wanted. They mainly just went over my CV and looked at my technical history and skipped over my extra curricular activities which made me think that some of their employees may not be very sociable since they didnt seem to care about that aspect. I also got a very quick tour of the building which was quite nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to draw the testbench waveform of a D-flip flop and had to explain what would happen if my input changed marginally after a rising clock edge. Also asked for a few differences between Verliog and C programming.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

Written Test
    It conists of digital electronics questions and questions related to design of complicated digital circuits(ROM, MEMORY ELEMENTS, MUX). Paragraph about your personal behavior and qualities in your own words. A paragraph topic related to some complex issue that can tackle the problems which is given
    Technical Interview
    about your college experience and any previous work experience
    HR Interview
    General Personal Info

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xilinx (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

first of all resume shortlisting, after that written test which contains both objective and subjective questions. Both technical and aptitude questions asked

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I interviewed at Xilinx (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

it was a general interview expected for aMtech vlsi student . It was mainy directed towards digital electronics, FPGA architecture basics and hdl language basics