Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a standard interview process. I was asked many simple logic design questions. Most of them are related to basic logic design skills. Such as implementing a comb logic with MUXs

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online through the website. I was first called by a member of the team, who spent an hour on the phone with me asking about my knowledge in various technical fields, and upon confirmation of each asking more in depth questions. I was then called in for a marathon interview which consisted of meeting with 7 team members for 45 minutes each, as well as a 30 minute presentation on embedded systems performance testing. Being a new graduate, this intimidated me but nonetheless everyone was very kind and understood my low level of expertise and changed their questions accordingly. The interview went well and I received a number of compliments on my demeanor and coursework experience, but the position was intended for someone with experience and I lacked it. Was led to believe I did very well but was not contacted back afterwards, except for a vague response from the HR manager that stated interviews with other candidates were still underway.

Interview Questions

• How would you test for a worst case scenario execution time?   Answer Question
    • Assembly and C programming exercises   Answer Question
    • Related to flip flops, chaining time, response time, setup/hold time etc   Answer Question
    • What are the major components of a mobile embedded system (smartphone) and on a system level (memory, etc) how would a software update be carried out?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Interview

The interview is a phone call interview. The total time keeps about 1 hour. During the interview, the caller asked several questions including algorithms, graph theory, EDA tools, C++ and STL

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1/2 day with four 30 min interviews onsite. Everyone was personably, open and seemingly honest. The challenge of the role was explained thoroughly as well as the personality mix of the team. Hyper teamwork seemed important and part of the culture. Xilinx is in a growth spirt and it would be a good time to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do juggle multiple projects?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer at Xilinx. Scheduled a phone interview in December 1st week. Phone interview went fine. Had some coding done on google docs. I was told that I would receive a feedback in one/two weeks.

Never heard back even after sending three reminder emails. Not a response.

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen by the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the Technical Writing Manager. But there was no follow up for almost 3 weeks after that, until I asked for it.

Interview Questions

• About my background, Why Technical Writing?, about my skills etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

It is a phone screening process, got a mail from manager to setup an interview. It is a 40 minute interview many focus is on graph theory, analytical reasoning questions in programming and some core technical questions. Interviewer is very helpful and he is trying to provide clues in every stage when ever I couldn't progress.

Interview Questions

• how to calculate size of integer without using sizeof function ?   2 Answers

Integrated Marketing Tradeshow & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line and heard from a recruiter in a week I did a phone a screen with the recruiter, a phone screen with the hiring manager, a video conference with the hiring manager and was scheduled to meet the rest of the team. The day I was scheduled to meet the remainder of the team, the recruiter called me and said there was an emergency that was causing them to cancel the interview. He said they would reschedule but I never heard back. Overall not very professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple stakeholders in the company?   Answer Question

Senior Director FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to use my networking contacts to get attention. I sent an email to the SVP to which he did not respond but a recruiter contacted me via email for an onsite interview. There was no phone screen. Everyone was straightforward and friendly during the interview.

Some interviewers asked technical questions and also asked me to draw block diagrams on the white board. Other interviewers asked hypothetical questions about handling different situations.

I was told by the hiring manager that the position is not going to be filled after all. I believe they promoted internally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my management style, market, and product knowledge.   1 Answer

Soc Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online from the career website and after two weeks got a call from them to setup a telephonic interview. First round was basic HR after clearing that I was setup for the technical telephonic round. Now waiting for the result of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about questions related to my projects. And topics related to timing analysis, digital electronics, computer architecture etc.   1 Answer
    • Was asked to draw a circuit with flip flops and calculate setup time and hold time of the circuit   Answer Question