Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

143 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a standard interview process. I was asked many simple logic design questions. Most of them are related to basic logic design skills. Such as implementing a comb logic with MUXs

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online through the website. I was first called by a member of the team, who spent an hour on the phone with me asking about my knowledge in various technical fields, and upon confirmation of each asking more in depth questions. I was then called in for a marathon interview which consisted of meeting with 7 team members for 45 minutes each, as well as a 30 minute presentation on embedded systems performance testing. Being a new graduate, this intimidated me but nonetheless everyone was very kind and understood my low level of expertise and changed their questions accordingly. The interview went well and I received a number of compliments on my demeanor and coursework experience, but the position was intended for someone with experience and I lacked it. Was led to believe I did very well but was not contacted back afterwards, except for a vague response from the HR manager that stated interviews with other candidates were still underway.

Interview Questions

• How would you test for a worst case scenario execution time?   Answer Question
    • Assembly and C programming exercises   Answer Question
    • Related to flip flops, chaining time, response time, setup/hold time etc   Answer Question
    • What are the major components of a mobile embedded system (smartphone) and on a system level (memory, etc) how would a software update be carried out?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(PhD) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I saw their internship job posting on LinkedIn/Glassdoor, then I submitted my application through their website. Then within 2-3 weeks a Xilinx engineer contacted me through email saying that they've got my resume from their HR. He offered me an interview on my past work experiences listed on my resume and some hardware/software design principles. I did the interview (a 60-minute phone interview - no phone screens or on-site interviews) with the engineer. It was a great discussion over the 3 unique skillsets I possess for the internship opportunity, which is about FPGA, debugging, and programming language compiler. I was offered the job, but then there was a big misunderstanding about my visa since I am probably just among a handful of students who do a full-time PhD study in the US on a J1 visa (basically they thought they would need to sponsor my work authorization, which they couldn't do, and I am actually sponsored by my university so they can change my work authorization for an internship at the company). But, finally the issue was resolved, thanks to our university immigration advisors who helped advocate for me. I then gladly accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you do in your PhD research?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe your FPGA experiences?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Interview

The interview is a phone call interview. The total time keeps about 1 hour. During the interview, the caller asked several questions including algorithms, graph theory, EDA tools, C++ and STL

Interview Questions

Interview

There was a Technical Interview . The questions were fairly basic - mostly on FPGA design. This was followed by a Managerial Interview. Managerial interview was on culture and fit.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

! telephonic followed by onsite. Asked about the digital logic design, my projects at college.
    i had 4 rounds of onsite interview. 2 rounds on digital logic design, one on programming and last one was managerial round

Interview Questions

• Questions about moore and mealy state machines, setup and hold time violations   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1/2 day with four 30 min interviews onsite. Everyone was personably, open and seemingly honest. The challenge of the role was explained thoroughly as well as the personality mix of the team. Hyper teamwork seemed important and part of the culture. Xilinx is in a growth spirt and it would be a good time to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do juggle multiple projects?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume was forwarded by HR to hiring manager. Hiring manager setup a 30 min interview. The manager spoke about the team and the position.
    After that had a technical phone interview. Was given a coding assignment a week before the phone interview.
    Finally an on-site interview with 8 ppl. Was mostly behavioral and about projects and past relevant experience. Two were technical rounds on C++

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

linked in job posting, applied through recruiter. 3 days of response time. Phone interview was scheduled following week with hiring manager. Interviewer was kind enough to listen and ask questions gently.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer at Xilinx. Scheduled a phone interview in December 1st week. Phone interview went fine. Had some coding done on google docs. I was told that I would receive a feedback in one/two weeks.

Never heard back even after sending three reminder emails. Not a response.