Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Verification Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Very basic questions with very little in-depth questions. Most interviewers asked questions from their own background. There were few questions from outside of the field (such as, from Physical Design) as well, but they were very basic.

Integrated Marketing Tradeshow & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line and heard from a recruiter in a week I did a phone a screen with the recruiter, a phone screen with the hiring manager, a video conference with the hiring manager and was scheduled to meet the rest of the team. The day I was scheduled to meet the remainder of the team, the recruiter called me and said there was an emergency that was causing them to cancel the interview. He said they would reschedule but I never heard back. Overall not very professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple stakeholders in the company?   Answer Question

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the manager of a particular team. It involved both introductions and technical questions. I was told there were multiple candidates for consideration and I would be contacted for further interview steps. I had to follow-up after a week time and I was told that they will get back to me asap. Later I was told they have decided not to pursue any further interviews with me as they have found more suitable candidates. The manager I was in contact suggested to forward my application to other teams but I have not heard back from anyone else from Xilinx since then.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list the design steps using the Vivado tool. I was also asked about setup/hold violations and my past experience dealing with them.   Answer Question

Senior Director FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to use my networking contacts to get attention. I sent an email to the SVP to which he did not respond but a recruiter contacted me via email for an onsite interview. There was no phone screen. Everyone was straightforward and friendly during the interview.

Some interviewers asked technical questions and also asked me to draw block diagrams on the white board. Other interviewers asked hypothetical questions about handling different situations.

I was told by the hiring manager that the position is not going to be filled after all. I believe they promoted internally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my management style, market, and product knowledge.   1 Answer

Soc Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online from the career website and after two weeks got a call from them to setup a telephonic interview. First round was basic HR after clearing that I was setup for the technical telephonic round. Now waiting for the result of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about questions related to my projects. And topics related to timing analysis, digital electronics, computer architecture etc.   1 Answer
    • Was asked to draw a circuit with flip flops and calculate setup time and hold time of the circuit   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Visited job fair at my college and applied. After few days, I've got an email from the company for phone interview. I set up the phone interview and received the phone call on time. It was 15 min long phone interview, and the interviewer was very friendly .

Device Simulation Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Before call was scheduled i was asked about the experience on the skills mentioned in the position
    call from manager.
    call lasted 15-20 mins.
    first question was tell me about yourself.
    asked questions mentioned below.
    At the end upon asking told about the responsibilities that will be given to a intern.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

It was good interview process, very fast in following up and getting back with feedback. Overall process took less than couple of weeks. Hiring manager explained in detail about the position and really tried to get me interested in the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I had a 30-minute phone interview, during which they asked me about projects I had worked on and how I dealt with whatever problems I encountered. Next, I was invited to a day of interviews at the main office. Each person asked different sorts of questions, according to their areas of expertise. There was a large white board, which I used.

Interview Questions

• What is inside a computer?   1 Answer

Better offer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

I went for an initial interview with the hiring manager and that went well. The following week they asked me to come back and meet with two people on the team. If that went well I was told I would come back for a third and final interview with someone in the BU. I really felt like all the interviews went well and it seemed like I would be a great fit for the team. I sent the typical thank you emails as well as check-in emails on the status. I sent one a week to a couple different people hoping that someone could tell me if I was moving on to the next round. I was told it was between me and one other candidate. After a month with NO response from anyone at the company, I decided to go to their website and see if the job posting was still active. I saw that they re-posted the job online last week. I find it completely unprofessional and cruel to keep someone hanging on for a month. It takes two minutes to send me an email telling me that they are moving on and that I'm not a fit. If this is how this company operates then I'm glad I didn't get that job.