Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy extended to me. I met individually with four people including the person who previously held this position and all were very personable and forthcoming. They followed-up promptly in regards to where we were in the process. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was a scenario example... what would you do if in a situation where the VP was speaking and the microphone stopped working   Answer Question

Sales Incentive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position on LinkedIn and received a call from the recruiter a few days later to discuss the position and to see if I was interested and a good fit.
    After that, there were 2 phone interviews with the manager that were fairly standard interview questions about experience and cultural fit.

Then there was one round of in person interviews that consisted of meeting with three people. Direct manager, manager's manager, and a co-worker in the dame department.

After about two weeks and multiple follow up calls on my part, the offer came.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was not normal. Just questions asking about experience and how that would translate to success here.   1 Answer

Product Applications Engineer (Embedded) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (Longmont, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

4 rounds followed by an HR round. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• About device trees. I didn't have much experience in Linux, so I found it a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Signal Integrity Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (Longmont, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

I had applied through the online portal for a signal integrity intern position.. though my back ground was in embedded systems... questions were generally about my projects and backgrounds from the resume... and things like what would be your perfect job... why are manhole covers round... They also tried to gauge my understanding of engineering electromagnetics to see if i would be useful

Senior Layout Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with five, then full-time layout designers, each for about 30 to 45 minutes. Some presented with technical questions and/or inquiries about my past experience. The technical questions related directly to my ability to understand and construct a physical design of a schematic circuit. Some questions were hypothetical and other pragmatic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to reverse engineer a drawn layout design with about ten devices.   1 Answer

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was with a recruiter via telephone conversation. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. I was invited a week later for an on-site interview which consisted of a 10-minute interview including question and answer. After the presentation, I met with the managers and potential peers for half hour one on one 30 minute interviews. I was then invited to a second round of interview to meet with another manager and director of the department. The third interview was with the VP who was almost 20 minutes late, and was texting/emailing during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how a cell phone works?
      Do you know how to write SQL?
      Do you know what a swing line chart?
      How did you handle difficult people at work?
      Answer Question

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Xilinx (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by full day onsite intervidw. 4 - 5 interviewers. Very warm and friendly panel. Talked about projects, basic verilog and circuit design quesions.phone interview followed by full day onsite intervidw. 4 - 5 interviewers. Very warm and friendly panel. Talked about projects, basic verilog and circuit design quesions.

Interview Questions

• Basic verilog and circuit design   1 Answer

Negotiation

nA

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was a very long process, expect to spend several days and be prepared to answer tough questions....

Interview Questions

• Unexpected and difficult job related questions. do your home work on technical questions/answers before coming to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair, you have to give and take somewhat

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Basic graph and data structure questions. Some programming tests. The difficulty was at most medium. I think I had five rounds. Prepare questions like tell me your most interesting projects etc.

Interview Questions

• describe the shortest path of a graph with negative weights   1 Answer

Proposed salary was not competitive.

FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xilinx (Ventura, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

This job was a referral from two of the folks I've known for years. Immediately after I show interest to the job, the regional sales manager and an FAE setup a casual over-the-lunch interview. It was great meeting up with them and actually I found it a bit tough to be in the dining situation focus on behavioral interview because I don't get to eat at all. Coincidentally the hiring manager setup a phone interview with me on the same afternoon to go over technical questions, I was on my 1.5hr commute home while discussing with him and I probably did OK to pursue an in-person interview where the hiring manager fly to the city and I had to prepare a 45-min presentation on the company's latest product which consume more than 60 hours of my personal time. I would totally think this is a positive experience to have the motivation to learn something by myself. But decided to gave it a negative experience because the poor follow up and how informal (via e-mail) it was to shut the door, I didn't think feel it was done in a professional manner consider the time and effort both parties put in, and consider I would still remain as a Xilinx user everywhere in the region.

Interview Questions

• Since this is a referral and I kind of get a good feel of the job being tough itself from my peers, I didn't really have any question for the hiring manager when he ask if I had any question for him. But I did have lots of reimbursement and compensation concern since I will be changing from design engineer role to an application engineer, I was well informed it would require different skill set and encounter different challenges.   Answer Question