Xilinx Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1/2 day with four 30 min interviews onsite. Everyone was personably, open and seemingly honest. The challenge of the role was explained thoroughly as well as the personality mix of the team. Hyper teamwork seemed important and part of the culture. Xilinx is in a growth spirt and it would be a good time to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do juggle multiple projects?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume was forwarded by HR to hiring manager. Hiring manager setup a 30 min interview. The manager spoke about the team and the position.
    After that had a technical phone interview. Was given a coding assignment a week before the phone interview.
    Finally an on-site interview with 8 ppl. Was mostly behavioral and about projects and past relevant experience. Two were technical rounds on C++

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied through my University's website (simply submitted my resume) and got an email from one of the managers in Finance. I had an on-campus interview a week later and it went well, felt more like a discussion than an interview. Received an invitation for a 2nd round interview in San Jose. Interview consisted of 5 people interviewing me back to back. Everyone was very open and and great to talk to, gave challenging yet reasonable and relevant questions. Best part about it was that I did not feel like anyone was trying to humiliate me or try to show off, all questions and discussions were relevant and not obscure.

Interview Questions

• If you run a regression and the correlation between two variables seems to be abnormal/unexpected, what do you do?   Answer Question

Verification Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Very basic questions with very little in-depth questions. Most interviewers asked questions from their own background. There were few questions from outside of the field (such as, from Physical Design) as well, but they were very basic.

Integrated Marketing Tradeshow & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line and heard from a recruiter in a week I did a phone a screen with the recruiter, a phone screen with the hiring manager, a video conference with the hiring manager and was scheduled to meet the rest of the team. The day I was scheduled to meet the remainder of the team, the recruiter called me and said there was an emergency that was causing them to cancel the interview. He said they would reschedule but I never heard back. Overall not very professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple stakeholders in the company?   Answer Question

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the manager of a particular team. It involved both introductions and technical questions. I was told there were multiple candidates for consideration and I would be contacted for further interview steps. I had to follow-up after a week time and I was told that they will get back to me asap. Later I was told they have decided not to pursue any further interviews with me as they have found more suitable candidates. The manager I was in contact suggested to forward my application to other teams but I have not heard back from anyone else from Xilinx since then.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list the design steps using the Vivado tool. I was also asked about setup/hold violations and my past experience dealing with them.   Answer Question

Senior Director FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to use my networking contacts to get attention. I sent an email to the SVP to which he did not respond but a recruiter contacted me via email for an onsite interview. There was no phone screen. Everyone was straightforward and friendly during the interview.

Some interviewers asked technical questions and also asked me to draw block diagrams on the white board. Other interviewers asked hypothetical questions about handling different situations.

I was told by the hiring manager that the position is not going to be filled after all. I believe they promoted internally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my management style, market, and product knowledge.   1 Answer

Soc Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online from the career website and after two weeks got a call from them to setup a telephonic interview. First round was basic HR after clearing that I was setup for the technical telephonic round. Now waiting for the result of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about questions related to my projects. And topics related to timing analysis, digital electronics, computer architecture etc.   1 Answer
    • Was asked to draw a circuit with flip flops and calculate setup time and hold time of the circuit   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Visited job fair at my college and applied. After few days, I've got an email from the company for phone interview. I set up the phone interview and received the phone call on time. It was 15 min long phone interview, and the interviewer was very friendly .

Device Simulation Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Before call was scheduled i was asked about the experience on the skills mentioned in the position
    call from manager.
    call lasted 15-20 mins.
    first question was tell me about yourself.
    asked questions mentioned below.
    At the end upon asking told about the responsibilities that will be given to a intern.