Xilinx Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume was forwarded by HR to hiring manager. Hiring manager setup a 30 min interview. The manager spoke about the team and the position.
After that had a technical phone interview. Was given a coding assignment a week before the phone interview.
Finally an on-site interview with 8 ppl. Was mostly behavioral and about projects and past relevant experience. Two were technical rounds on C++

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer at Xilinx. Scheduled a phone interview in December 1st week. Phone interview went fine. Had some coding done on google docs. I was told that I would receive a feedback in one/two weeks.

Never heard back even after sending three reminder emails. Not a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Visited job fair at my college and applied. After few days, I've got an email from the company for phone interview. I set up the phone interview and received the phone call on time. It was 15 min long phone interview, and the interviewer was very friendly .

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

A very thorough process of 9 rounds of interviews, covering all aspects of the job like data structures and algorithms, programming skills in C++, graph theory concepts, etc. Prior to the 1:1 on site interview I also had 4 rounds of telephonic interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx in July 2016.

Interview

2 telephonic interviews - - 1st telephonic interview is all about c++ and oops concepts.
    2nd telephonic interview is about data structure and Algorithm.

After these 4 technical face to face interviews followed by manager around and hr round.

All four technical rounds are 1 hr each. Most questions on graph, binary tree and linked list and couple of puzzle questions. All data structure questions are basic questions directly from geeksforgeeks.

Interview Questions

• Refer geeksforgeeks for data structure and oops concepts. This will help.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Xilinx (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of onsite followed by one telephonic screen
    very conservative company..thinks long before giving offer.
    one round by hiring manager.
    one round by team mentor.
    one round by manager of other team
    one round with couple of individuals from sister team.

Interview Questions

• print all paths from root to leaf in a binary tree
      constructor / destructor - if we dont provide - compiler provides. why cant we rely on that
      grep for specific string that can be in the last few lines of many files.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Questions will be asked on

1. Data Structures & Algorithms
    2. C++ Basics
    3. Shell, Perl, Python Scripting
    4. Analytical Skills
    5. Puzzles

It may be a telephonic for the first round.
    then it will be face to face discussion. There will be 4 to 5 rounds of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very smooth. 2 telephonic interview, then a 4 hour long in person interview with the team, principle engineers and director. One in person interview with HR and then lunch with one of the team members.
    The offer was made after about a week and a half.
    Plus points:
    + Friendly and smart people
    + Office is very nice and work culture seems relatively relaxed
    + At the forefront of innovation
    + Top player in the FPGA industry with a lot of history
    Negatives:
    - Concerns have been expressed about the senior management and them playing a game of numbers
    - Have closed several satellite offices in recent years and still seem to be in the 'transition' phase
    - The HR and admin people don't seem very competent. They don't answer questions fast enough, and it takes weeks to move the paperwork around (I'm still waiting for my travel refund!)

Interview Questions

• Couple of hardware technical questions, mostly talked about my projects, research and past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at all! Perhaps it was the HR person, but he was incredibly aggressive and made me feel quite uncomfortable about the whole situation. Definitely one of the reasons to consider declining the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx in March 2009.

Interview

The whole team and their manager (a director) had the 1:1 interview, it is obvious that there was no much preparation beforehand as there are quite some overlapping. The topic is broad, but not deep:

* what is class inheritance
    * explain some design pattern
    * what is MSVC experience
    * explain some data structure
    * what is career goal

There is one programming question, how to swap 2 nodes in a double linked list.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years? Asked by the director   Answer Question