Xilinx Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.7

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (India, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the position on web site. Since my skills matched with what they were looking for I got a call. The interview was basic, just questions on my resume. very good and focused on future role
focused much on soc point of view

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with PCIe team. Female engineer from Colorado asked me a reasonable nested loop question then proceeded to interrupt me at least 8 times. After the 5th interruption I gave up solving the problem and did my best not to make a scene. She continued to interrupt me then asked very condescending questions in a very sarcastic tone. I have never met, seen, or heard of a more disrespectful interviewer during my time as a professional engineer. I later met an engineer from Xilinx (Malaysia) who worked with this woman and confirmed my assessment of her. In my opinion there was an additional engineer who was insulting. He asked me very simple questions then finished with a trick question that I didn't realize until the interview was over. I'm certain that I have designed more async interfaces than the entire team combined but I'm sure he told everyone that I missed the trick async question since he insisted on taking a picture of my solution. They were typical arrogant engineers. I couldn't be more please to not be working for this team. Lastly, the position was for a SystemVerilog OVM verification engineer working on PCIe gen 3. NOT one single question on systemverilog, OVM, or PCIe. Not one.

Interview Questions

• how do you help someone who put a battery in a device backwards....yes, this was a real question   Answer Question
    • do a sub string seach of a string using nested loops   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a telephonic interview and a face to face interview. They asked briefly about my qualification and skills in the telephonic Interview. In the face to face interview the technical round was involved with asking few questions on coding in verilog and system verilog.

Interview Questions

• They gave me few written programmes and asked me to explain the programme flow   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

It is very exhausting. 9 interviews . but the interviews were fair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much to negotiate

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

Many script related questions (such as perl, unix, etc). Need some basic understanding of fpga/logic design