Xyratex Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xyratex Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex (Fremont, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews one month apart and eventually the position was pulled back.

Other Interview Reviews for Xyratex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xyratex (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Went through multiple phone interviews. Phone interviews were detailed, and went very well. Was invited back for face-to-face interviews. One interview went well. The interviewer was professional. The other interviewer seemed distracted - preoccupied with something unrelated to the interview. He acted very interested in me (when he was focused on our discussion), and promised a second round interview within a couple of days.

Then he completely blew me off. The company went silent.

Even though companies have the upper hand in this very tough market, there is no reason for rudeness.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xyratex in October 2010.

Interview

The company is thorough in their hiring process. They obviously want to hire the right person for the right job. Taking a PI survey was a part of the process. There were a couple phone interviews first, then followed by face to face interviews. The team was very open about the work environment. It is expected that people work hard. I was impressed by the team members with whom I interviewed. Hard working individuals that were friendly and honest.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xyratex in November 2009.

Interview

got a phone call from agency, and had a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Your experience is more networking but the position you apply is more on storage. How do you deal with it?   Answer Question