YAI National Institute DSP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview, followed by two more interviews with upper management if they're interested. process is pretty slow, 3 months maybe. if you get hired don't expect to get paid for awhile, for a long while, about a month into working you'll get your first paycheck, for the most part everyone at YAI is good to work with

Interview Questions

• should you force meds on someone?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YAI National Institute

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

When I applied, the process took several weeks. I remember having to go through something like 3 interviews before I was finally scheduled with a specific house. Interviews consisted of 1 group interview, 1 interview with HR, 1 interview with house supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two residents are becoming intimate?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

It easy super easy to do, and we were part of a group interview. So it was nothing and nothing less. We were all hired on the spot, and that was it.

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

First is a group interview, then you meet with the coordinator for a part two, lastly you meet with the supervisor to finalize the process (if you make it to this point it means they want you to work for them).

Interview Questions

• Some what would you do scenarios. They also ask if you have a drivers license.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First you will be contacted by the recruiter via email to come to the first interview. The first Interview is a group interview with HR recruiter, question are basically situational type. the recruiter will give a case and each candidate will give their personal answer. If accepted you will have the second interview with a supervisor. if accepted the supervisor will send you to HR for on board process, the sup will sign you up for training. paid with pizza aaaaah!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation like this? you are in the street with the person you support, the person just sit down on the flow and start yelling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was actually a great interview despite it being a group interview with almost 10- 15 individuals. The experience was great and I believe it is to see who can deal with pressure and be themselves. The question that were asked wasn't hard in my opinion because it revolved around an individuals personality and how they handle situations. I received a call back to interview one on one which turned out to be a 2 on 1 but it still in my opinion was good it allow both parties to get into detail about themselves and there employment history.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when something was challenging and how did you handle it. They provided a scenario and asked "What would you do if tyler did not want to take medication?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took months. It took even longer to complete the basic trainings and get the first paycheck. The interview was a piece of cake if you already have experience working in the field. Basic scenario questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker abusing one of the individuals, what would you do?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute in June 2016.

Interview

The group interview makes you feel more comfortable but keep in mind you are competing for one position even though they post multiple openings. The HR person would say there is no right answer but don't let it catch you off guard. Following the group interview is a short 1 on 1 interview where you ask questions about the position or company, so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if an individual does not have enough money to buy something at the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bayside, NY).

Interview

Group interview follow by a phone call to meet the resident supervisor for the application process. After that, there are numerous screening such as background check and then three weeks training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client refuses his or her medication?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Flushing, NY).

Interview

group interview where they as questions about how you feel about working with the DD population. they dont really care about who goes there as turn over rate is INSANE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasnt one manager tried to tell me base pay was $11 when hr told me 12.98