YAI National Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2018

2.7

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very pleasant and professional and there was an atmosphere that everyone really cared about the values of the organization. I had a phone interview and then was referred to another in-person interview about a week later. Everyone worked with my schedule and was very positive and upfront. I was offered a position the next week via telephone and HR followed up with the start date shortly after. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would triage certain phone calls, about my employment history and why YAI and the people YAI supports.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with Steven and while he was a nice person, he seemed more nervous than I was. He asked pretty basic questions: why do you think this job is a good fit? what do you know about YAI? All in all, it was a typical interview.

Interview Questions

• "Would you be willing to work in Brooklyn?" If I desired the other borough's position, I would have applied to it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

Lady interviewing me became a bit verbally agressinve with me when it came to salary negotiations. halfway through the interview i decided i didnt want the job, not that i dont love teaching, but if this is the way admin speaks to thier employees i wouldnt last very long there.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with developmentally disabled students?   Answer Question

School Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview to briefly speak about my experience and the requirements of the position. I then met with the Psych team with 4 individuals and they each asked me questions. The interview was easy and I felt very comfortable. At the end I revised a report.

Interview Questions

• What was your supervision experience like during your internship?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

I applied online but after a few weeks of not hearing a call-back , I decided to email a person within HR for a follow-up. Nethenless to say it worked and I obtained an interview.

The interview went well basic questions about the job itself, the tasks, and my experience.

After the interview was over I was told to wait until the following Tuesday for a response if not to follow up.

Tuesday comes and nothing, I follow-up on Thursday and no reply. I wait until the next week and follow up twice email and by phone , also no reply.

It is unfortunate to not receive a yes or no response.

Tip to YAI Network be a little more conscientious with your applicants on the interview process, a simple email staring "we decided to move with another candidate" it's sufficient enough to let people move on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

The process included a three step interviews, 1. Group Interview 2. HR 3. Individual interview with program supervisors ( writing sample and role playing. ) Hiring took some time for background check/ results (finger printing) to come back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was low but and advancement in career goals years ago ( as a new graduate).

Anonymous Employee in Northvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Northvale, NJ).

Interview

The interview was done in a group setting at first. It more of like a discussion at a large table. While there you fill out a few sheets of paper regarding what you are comfortable with. If placement is decided you then do an interview with a house supervisor and take a tour of the house or facility hired for.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the company stands for and represents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Farmingdale, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Invited to group interview a few days later at one of their offices. Was at first impressed by the emails that I received that included directions and information about parking.

The group interview with 4 other candidates was conducted in an open kitchenette area and though the email requested professional attire, their HR rep was scruffily dressed with exposed tattoos (I've nothing against tattoos) which didn't leave a good impression. No additional information about the company, role or salary was provided.

The hour-long group interview consisted entirely of a discussion about what would we do if a resident refused to take their medication. This was followed by a one-to-one interview that lasted all of ten minutes. Strongly felt they weren't interested in my background or what I could offer and left feeling that my time was wasted.

Haven't received any communication yet and not bothered if I don't. Would probably refuse any offer since the impression I got that day - coupled with the many depressing Glassdoor reviews of YAI - was not a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a resident refused to take their medication?   Answer Question

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

It easy super easy to do, and we were part of a group interview. So it was nothing and nothing less. We were all hired on the spot, and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bayside, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Starts with a group interview and then individual interviews with 3-4 members from management. During the process of the interview they will ask you of your comfort level of working with individuals with behavioral and developmental delays.