YAI National Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2018

2.7

Community Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Went in for a interview, turns out to be a group interview with five other people. The interview process was fast but the hiring process was slow. Took almost 2 months to hear back from them, just when I was going to give up and look elsewhere they called me back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if patient A refused to take her medication   1 Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Group interview was lively and friendly. Room started with about 50 people and Supervisors requested specific persons for one on one interviews. Sitting in a large room full of competition was very nerve wrecking but being friendly with those around you is noticed by Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of the population we service?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview, then individual interview. The process of waiting took a bit long. Was approved for a follow up interview with the residential house that I am interested in working for.

DSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was actually a great interview despite it being a group interview with almost 10- 15 individuals. The experience was great and I believe it is to see who can deal with pressure and be themselves. The question that were asked wasn't hard in my opinion because it revolved around an individuals personality and how they handle situations. I received a call back to interview one on one which turned out to be a 2 on 1 but it still in my opinion was good it allow both parties to get into detail about themselves and there employment history.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when something was challenging and how did you handle it. They provided a scenario and asked "What would you do if tyler did not want to take medication?"   Answer Question

Weekend Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was a simple interview with a supervisor of the site I applied for. They ask you to respond to supplemental questions prior to the actual interview. It was straight forward and the interviewer was very friendly and not knowing much about the field is not an issue because they will give you full training.

Interview Questions

• What is my background working in an environment similar to YAI?   Answer Question

BIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

The employer were very Professional and quickly responsive. They are honest as well. As you go for the interview, you will see that's a nice team to work with. I got referred by their employee. Very nice people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in such a situation (a position related skill question)?   Answer Question

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

First is a group interview, then you meet with the coordinator for a part two, lastly you meet with the supervisor to finalize the process (if you make it to this point it means they want you to work for them).

Interview Questions

• Some what would you do scenarios. They also ask if you have a drivers license.   Answer Question

School Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview to briefly speak about my experience and the requirements of the position. I then met with the Psych team with 4 individuals and they each asked me questions. The interview was easy and I felt very comfortable. At the end I revised a report.

Interview Questions

• What was your supervision experience like during your internship?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Brentwood, NY).

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview process I ever been a part of. The interview questions were very easy and common sense. I had three levels on interview on one day. I was told I would get a call back the following day to observe a session. I didn't hear back and followed up. The person I was supposed to meet with, left on vacation. There was a lot of miscommunication and I was asked to go to two separate locations and was told to keep in touch if you don't hear from us because we like you. I continued to get the run around so I cut my losses and accepted a position at another company.

Interview Questions

• If you saw clients kissing what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you are told that a coworker is abusing a client what would you do?   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Tarrytown, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview and overview of the company. There was a long wait while the single interview's were going on depending on which number you were. I had to wait the longest time but single interview went well regardless.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      Do you know the range of disabilities?   Answer Question