YAI National Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Northvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Northvale, NJ).

Interview

The interview was done in a group setting at first. It more of like a discussion at a large table. While there you fill out a few sheets of paper regarding what you are comfortable with. If placement is decided you then do an interview with a house supervisor and take a tour of the house or facility hired for.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the company stands for and represents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Farmingdale, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Invited to group interview a few days later at one of their offices. Was at first impressed by the emails that I received that included directions and information about parking.

The group interview with 4 other candidates was conducted in an open kitchenette area and though the email requested professional attire, their HR rep was scruffily dressed with exposed tattoos (I've nothing against tattoos) which didn't leave a good impression. No additional information about the company, role or salary was provided.

The hour-long group interview consisted entirely of a discussion about what would we do if a resident refused to take their medication. This was followed by a one-to-one interview that lasted all of ten minutes. Strongly felt they weren't interested in my background or what I could offer and left feeling that my time was wasted.

Haven't received any communication yet and not bothered if I don't. Would probably refuse any offer since the impression I got that day - coupled with the many depressing Glassdoor reviews of YAI - was not a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a resident refused to take their medication?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I attended a group interview that dragged on for three hours. After, I attended a "trial" for two hours, which was unpaid. The supervisor was supposed to connect with me beforehand to review details and give me an overview, but she never did. She also left the office shortly into the trial with no explanation whatsoever. Staff were very unfriendly and unwilling to engage in conversation. I had hoped for more adult-like and professional behavior, but I do feel like I dodged a bullet.

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

It easy super easy to do, and we were part of a group interview. So it was nothing and nothing less. We were all hired on the spot, and that was it.

Community Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Went in for a interview, turns out to be a group interview with five other people. The interview process was fast but the hiring process was slow. Took almost 2 months to hear back from them, just when I was going to give up and look elsewhere they called me back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if patient A refused to take her medication   1 Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Group interview was lively and friendly. Room started with about 50 people and Supervisors requested specific persons for one on one interviews. Sitting in a large room full of competition was very nerve wrecking but being friendly with those around you is noticed by Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of the population we service?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview, then individual interview. The process of waiting took a bit long. Was approved for a follow up interview with the residential house that I am interested in working for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was actually a great interview despite it being a group interview with almost 10- 15 individuals. The experience was great and I believe it is to see who can deal with pressure and be themselves. The question that were asked wasn't hard in my opinion because it revolved around an individuals personality and how they handle situations. I received a call back to interview one on one which turned out to be a 2 on 1 but it still in my opinion was good it allow both parties to get into detail about themselves and there employment history.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when something was challenging and how did you handle it. They provided a scenario and asked "What would you do if tyler did not want to take medication?"   Answer Question

Weekend Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was a simple interview with a supervisor of the site I applied for. They ask you to respond to supplemental questions prior to the actual interview. It was straight forward and the interviewer was very friendly and not knowing much about the field is not an issue because they will give you full training.

Interview Questions

• What is my background working in an environment similar to YAI?   Answer Question

BIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

The employer were very Professional and quickly responsive. They are honest as well. As you go for the interview, you will see that's a nice team to work with. I got referred by their employee. Very nice people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in such a situation (a position related skill question)?   Answer Question