YAI National Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took months. It took even longer to complete the basic trainings and get the first paycheck. The interview was a piece of cake if you already have experience working in the field. Basic scenario questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker abusing one of the individuals, what would you do?   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was 1.5 hour but that's also because we ended up talking about our personal lives. Very honest and informal interview. They wanted to know what experience I had working with the DD population and what location and hours I wanted to work and what salary I expected to get. Stress free interview. The HR lady and Dr Nichols (medical director) were both very warm and friendly

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with DD population   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

The interview process was average, there was two interviews before i was offered the job. One group interview and the other one to one. The one to one interview was in the residence where you'll be working. You get a chance to interact with the individuals you will be working with.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Brentwood, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for group interview, but then was called in for a one on one meeting. Met with the supervisor for one of YAI's group homes. Asked about prior experience, what I thought the organization does, the hardships in my current job and if I had any further questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you must deal with in your nannying position?   1 Answer

Direct Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was ok. The first part of the interview was in a group setting which was a little intimidating I first but the interviewer made it a relaxed atmosphere. The second part was a one on one interview with the supervisor for me this part was a bit more harder asking a bunch of behavioral questions. After the one on one interview the lady asked me to have a sit in the next room so I guess she could make her decision in private. She came back out a few minutes later and said she will be offering me the position. After that I had to fill out some background forms and she said I will be getting an email. I'm actually still waiting.

Interview Questions

• If Bobby wanted to become a pilot what would you tell him??   Answer Question

Morning Residencial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a group interview followed by an individual interview. In the group interview there was a lot of scenario questions in regards to the popular of people you would be working with. The individual interview was more why you want to work here and what you know about the organization.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of a client refused to take his/her medication?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute in June 2016.

Interview

The group interview makes you feel more comfortable but keep in mind you are competing for one position even though they post multiple openings. The HR person would say there is no right answer but don't let it catch you off guard. Following the group interview is a short 1 on 1 interview where you ask questions about the position or company, so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if an individual does not have enough money to buy something at the store?   1 Answer

Community Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Went for a group interview in Queens. The lady scheduled an in-person interview with each of us for the following week at a YAI location. Went to that interview, spent the day shadowing another Community Training Specialist, communicated with the individuals who have disabilities and learning more about YAI. Then in the end, the lady who interviewed me asked me how my day was and what I liked about it. She then indicated that they are still interviewing others and she would get back to me in 1.5-2 weeks. I sent her a thank you note. I did not have her email address so I sent it through postal mail. I did not receive anything within 2 weeks so I called her again to follow-up. She said HR would call me. I waited a few days and HR never called me. Then I emailed an HR recruiter who was at the job fair representing YAI and who told me about the group interview. She never got back to me either. It's been four weeks. Obviously, I did not get the job. But the least they can do is let people know whether they got the job or not. I rather receive a solid rejection than no phone call or response at all. Other than that, it seems like a great place to work in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for YAI?
      What are is a challenged you faced in your last employment?
      What did you like about your interview day (which was about 5 hours) at YAI?
      Answer Question

Leisure Trax Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Hiring Manager, Supervisor of the program, Clinical Director, Colleague in the program, and a panel of travelers throughout the day for about 30 to 60 min each. Some of the questions were repeated or asked in different ways by each of the interviewers. There was a strong focus on the field as a whole. It was clear that the personality and beliefs of the candidate would be the most important aspect of hiring (rather than solely based on experience or skills).

Interview Questions

• What makes YAI different than other agencies?
      What are some challenges facing the field right now?
      What makes this position something more than just an opportunity to travel?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

An HR rep will call you and do a simple pre-screen. You will then go to a group interview with out candidates. They'll ask basic questions and look to see how you interact with the group. After that, you'll get recommended to a program for a one on one interview with a supervisor. You should expect to answer behavioral questions and complete a writing sample.