YAI National Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.7

BIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

The employer were very Professional and quickly responsive. They are honest as well. As you go for the interview, you will see that's a nice team to work with. I got referred by their employee. Very nice people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in such a situation (a position related skill question)?   Answer Question

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

First is a group interview, then you meet with the coordinator for a part two, lastly you meet with the supervisor to finalize the process (if you make it to this point it means they want you to work for them).

Interview Questions

• Some what would you do scenarios. They also ask if you have a drivers license.   Answer Question

School Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview to briefly speak about my experience and the requirements of the position. I then met with the Psych team with 4 individuals and they each asked me questions. The interview was easy and I felt very comfortable. At the end I revised a report.

Interview Questions

• What was your supervision experience like during your internship?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Brentwood, NY).

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview process I ever been a part of. The interview questions were very easy and common sense. I had three levels on interview on one day. I was told I would get a call back the following day to observe a session. I didn't hear back and followed up. The person I was supposed to meet with, left on vacation. There was a lot of miscommunication and I was asked to go to two separate locations and was told to keep in touch if you don't hear from us because we like you. I continued to get the run around so I cut my losses and accepted a position at another company.

Interview Questions

• If you saw clients kissing what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you are told that a coworker is abusing a client what would you do?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the main location on the West side and met Ms.F who was so friendly, helpful and pleasurable to talk to, it was great. We discussed possible placements according to my time and skills and she checked up with me later on to see how it was going.

DSP Interview

Application

Interview

The hiring process took months. It took even longer to complete the basic trainings and get the first paycheck. The interview was a piece of cake if you already have experience working in the field. Basic scenario questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker abusing one of the individuals, what would you do?   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was 1.5 hour but that's also because we ended up talking about our personal lives. Very honest and informal interview. They wanted to know what experience I had working with the DD population and what location and hours I wanted to work and what salary I expected to get. Stress free interview. The HR lady and Dr Nichols (medical director) were both very warm and friendly

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

The interview process was average, there was two interviews before i was offered the job. One group interview and the other one to one. The one to one interview was in the residence where you'll be working. You get a chance to interact with the individuals you will be working with.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Brentwood, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for group interview, but then was called in for a one on one meeting. Met with the supervisor for one of YAI's group homes. Asked about prior experience, what I thought the organization does, the hardships in my current job and if I had any further questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you must deal with in your nannying position?   1 Answer

Direct Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was ok. The first part of the interview was in a group setting which was a little intimidating I first but the interviewer made it a relaxed atmosphere. The second part was a one on one interview with the supervisor for me this part was a bit more harder asking a bunch of behavioral questions. After the one on one interview the lady asked me to have a sit in the next room so I guess she could make her decision in private. She came back out a few minutes later and said she will be offering me the position. After that I had to fill out some background forms and she said I will be getting an email. I'm actually still waiting.

Interview Questions

• If Bobby wanted to become a pilot what would you tell him??   Answer Question