YAI National Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2018

2.7

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very pleasant and professional and there was an atmosphere that everyone really cared about the values of the organization. I had a phone interview and then was referred to another in-person interview about a week later. Everyone worked with my schedule and was very positive and upfront. I was offered a position the next week via telephone and HR followed up with the start date shortly after. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would triage certain phone calls, about my employment history and why YAI and the people YAI supports.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with Steven and while he was a nice person, he seemed more nervous than I was. He asked pretty basic questions: why do you think this job is a good fit? what do you know about YAI? All in all, it was a typical interview.

Interview Questions

• "Would you be willing to work in Brooklyn?" If I desired the other borough's position, I would have applied to it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

Lady interviewing me became a bit verbally agressinve with me when it came to salary negotiations. halfway through the interview i decided i didnt want the job, not that i dont love teaching, but if this is the way admin speaks to thier employees i wouldnt last very long there.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with developmentally disabled students?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The process was forthright and straight to the point. I meet with an HR rep followed by the department manager. I was then called in for a final interview with the CIO.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected as I had quite a bit of experience with the job duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A great offer was made so there was not a need for further negotiations.

School Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview to briefly speak about my experience and the requirements of the position. I then met with the Psych team with 4 individuals and they each asked me questions. The interview was easy and I felt very comfortable. At the end I revised a report.

Interview Questions

• What was your supervision experience like during your internship?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

I applied online but after a few weeks of not hearing a call-back , I decided to email a person within HR for a follow-up. Nethenless to say it worked and I obtained an interview.

The interview went well basic questions about the job itself, the tasks, and my experience.

After the interview was over I was told to wait until the following Tuesday for a response if not to follow up.

Tuesday comes and nothing, I follow-up on Thursday and no reply. I wait until the next week and follow up twice email and by phone , also no reply.

It is unfortunate to not receive a yes or no response.

Tip to YAI Network be a little more conscientious with your applicants on the interview process, a simple email staring "we decided to move with another candidate" it's sufficient enough to let people move on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

The process included a three step interviews, 1. Group Interview 2. HR 3. Individual interview with program supervisors ( writing sample and role playing. ) Hiring took some time for background check/ results (finger printing) to come back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was low but and advancement in career goals years ago ( as a new graduate).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview, followed by two more interviews with upper management if they're interested. process is pretty slow, 3 months maybe. if you get hired don't expect to get paid for awhile, for a long while, about a month into working you'll get your first paycheck, for the most part everyone at YAI is good to work with

Interview Questions

• should you force meds on someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

When I applied, the process took several weeks. I remember having to go through something like 3 interviews before I was finally scheduled with a specific house. Interviews consisted of 1 group interview, 1 interview with HR, 1 interview with house supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two residents are becoming intimate?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

It easy super easy to do, and we were part of a group interview. So it was nothing and nothing less. We were all hired on the spot, and that was it.