YAI National Institute Residential Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview, then individual interview. The process of waiting took a bit long. Was approved for a follow up interview with the residential house that I am interested in working for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YAI National Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Brentwood, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for group interview, but then was called in for a one on one meeting. Met with the supervisor for one of YAI's group homes. Asked about prior experience, what I thought the organization does, the hardships in my current job and if I had any further questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you must deal with in your nannying position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview is a group interview, I noticed they set every body up in groups of the borough in which they live, the interview was actually good, it was like talking with a group of your peers, the hiring manager was cool so over all the interview was great

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a client refuses to take medication?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (Garfield, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview then a one on one. It seemed like they really wasn't interested in doing the one on one to really find out who you are as a person. The group interview was just a way of them letting you know about the company and that's all I got out of it. It was unorganized and It felt like time wasted. They I may get a call in 2 weeks for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions... I didn't get asked any job related question. Just my availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially, there was 18 people and we had to fill out 2 papers. Afterwards, we were broken up into groups. Within that group there was two interviewers and they ask questions surrounding what would you do if... After that, there was a very short interview where I had to fill out three papers and was told I would receive a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What if the resident ask you for money what would you say and do.   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Not so bad.easy question. Typical scenerio about how you would respond to consumers not doing what they are suppose to do. It's a group interview then you get called one on one. Low salery though

Interview Questions

• What do you do if consumer doesn't take there meds?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

A first hand look experience at the residence you report daily will look like. As well as the clients you will be caring for. Straight forward, stress on caring of others, team work and interest in the company.

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YAI National Institute in June 2013.

Interview

Group interview then one on one short interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if the resident refuse to take medication?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

the interview was group at first and then one on one. it had some tricky questions

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone didn't take their medication?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Group interview in the city. Then one on one interview with recruiter. After that interview with a residential manager. Then group activity with consumers. My group activity was arts and crafts. Interacted with consumers, helped them as needed. A of them were very excited about my activity. Make it fun and engaging. Management wants to see how well you interact with consumers.