YETI Coolers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YETI Coolers Interview Questions

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screener with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and lastly spent several hours with multiple people in the office. Overall I thought the [internal] recruiter was exceptional - the best I have worked with. Very organized, explaining everything, answering questions, and making sure I was ok along the way.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Everything happened very quickly and everyone I spoke with was extremely professional. I live out of state and they made the process easy and efficient through the use of Skype. I had an initial screening that was about 30 minutes long and included typical initial interview questions. We scheduled the next interview at the end of the call for a few days later. The 2nd interview was a panel interview with 6 people via Skype and lasted about an hour. It was great to meet/hear from a variety of people within the company and gave me a much better idea about who I’d be working with and what the position entailed.

I was offered the position the next day and I visited the office the following week (the whole process was about a week and a half). I was even more impressed by YETI when I toured the office and met with employees. The people and culture are great and everyone appears to really love what they do and where they work.

I ended up having to turn down the position a couple weeks later due to family reasons and it was an incredibly difficult decision for me. If I wasn't impressed enough already, when I called to decline the offer, the hiring manager could not have been more understanding. Really stand up people work here.

Overall, YETI was a great company to interview with and would have been a great company to work for. If they ever come to the Chicagoland area, I will be the first to apply!

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself...
      - Why do you want to work at YETI?
      - Why are you looking to change from your current position?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter, and I was invited to their office for a follow-up interview. The office had a high-tech check-in process, which took me by surprise. You had to sign a confidentiality waiver and create a photo badge in order to enter their office. The interview itself was very standard, and the recruiter asked me to come back for a third interview with executive who was hiring. I declined to return for the third interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied online. After 3 months (yes, 3 *months*) of silence, a recruiter reached out to do a phone screen. After that, I was asked to do a Skype interview. Not a big fan of Skype interviews (they're always a little awkward due to video lagging), but still I thought it went OK. Never heard from them again. Is it really so hard to just send a form email rejection? Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at YETI? What interests you about this role?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled two weeks after application submission. As phone interview ended, the recruiter advised an on-site meeting would be scheduled the following week and to provide available times. Two weeks the phone call the offer to meet on-site was rescinded because of a "change in direction."

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

An initial 30 minute Skype interview with a recruiter that asks typical questions (why you want the position, what experience you bring, etc). I received an offer for an in-person follow-up interview at YETI. This interview was 30 minutes. A few days later I received an offer for another 1.5 hour interview the following week with the head of the department. I also took a performance evaluation that was 30 minutes. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter that works freelance for Yeti. Set up a Skype interview within a couple days. Didn't really care for this type of communication. What happened to good old phone calls then face to face for next interview? 2 weeks later get an email saying thanks, but no thanks.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met with creative director and internal recruiter, then was asked back for a follow up interview with several members of the creative team as well as another recruiter. I was then given a test assignment, which had to be completed in a specific time period. I did the assignment and heard nothing for more than week. Ultimately, they asked for a me to make a few edits to the writing. I completed, sent back, and never heard from them again. Everyone I met with was pleasant, but to get this far into the interview process with a candidate, and then completely cease communication is not only frustrating, but completely, inarguably unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "What do you think the Yeti voice is?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Skype interview followed by in person interview. Asked the same questions by the different interviewers. Everyone was very nice. Felt like I had given some poor responses to a few questions but was still offered the job. They really like when you have a bunch of questions for them

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, did initial phone screening interview with a callback the next day. Was asked initially if I could Skype for the in person; however, the recruiter had to call me back, as she did not have all 5 people's schedules available to her. When she called back, she stated that because I was "so close", could I just come onsite for the interview instead. I live over 8 hours away, but the recruiter said "it's really only like 3 hours, right?". After the interview, sent the required information for reimbursement on mileage, etc. The same recruiter took over a week to email back, stating she needed the same information I'd already sent. All in all, the people I interviewed with for the IT department were great, very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The recruiting dept I had some issues with - particularly with the one individual, as well as the follow-up I was initially promised. Trying to get a determination, when I was promised a call "one way or the other" took 3 weeks before I could finally talk to someone. Probably a great company to work for, though, if given the opportunity - just beware the potentiality for issues with recruiting.

Interview Questions

• How is your job search going? What other companies have you applied to, and what has been their determination?   Answer Question