YMCA Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at YMCA

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

Interview

sent my cover and resume online. within a week, got a call back and did the initial interview. It was with the office manager and the branch assistant. Got a second interview in the same week. It was with the branch director and branch assistant. After the 2nd interview, I had to wait another two weeks before letting me know I received the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I went through a temp agency, and had multiple interviews before landing the job. The HR interview was pleasant, nothing out of the ordinary...the hiring manager interview was a little different. The YMCA has some specific needs, and it was tricky accurately matching my skills to those.

Be prepared to interview with as many as 3 people...the HR rep, your supervisor and dept head. Depending on the structure of the particular department, there may need to be more interviews.

Interview Questions

• My resume was a little all over he place...having had a few jobs in a relatively short amount of time. I had to eloquently explain this and why I would be with the YMCA long term   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Initial telephone screen, then in person interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, called to arrange a phone interview with two interviewers. Easy questions- typical of what would be expected, time management.. team environment etc. Heard back within a reasonable timeframe, nothing difficult or challenging was asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

There is 2 parts to the interview : a 30-40 minute in person interview and a skill testing part where the admin assistant is tested for her skills in word and excel

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took about two weeks until I got a phone call requesting for a phone interview. The phone interview asked a various of straight forward questions, they then called back a few days later and requested an in-person interview. The in-person interview took about 30-45 minutes. I had three people interview me, they asked a various of questions from behavioural to common interview questions, be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and then was invited to an in-person interview with the manager of the department. When I arrived, the manager and her assistant showed me the place, including where te person selected would be working. Then they walked me to the manager's office and we did the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in five years, if I regret a decision from the past, what could I bring to the team, why should they hire me.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Heard back pretty quickly after submitting my application. Interviewer was very friendly and personable. Interview itself was very comfortable experience. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Within a week I heard back about the result of the interview (job offer).

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, in line with an administrative assistant's responsibilities.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview just to help ween out the over 200 applications. Recieved a in person interview a few weeks later. Was one of a few narrowed down from 200. Interviews were spread out over a few days.

Interview Questions

• What was your most disappointing moment in one of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and after one month I received a phone call from YMCA. There was only one interview with three interviewers. All the questions were really general. Like "why do you want to work for us".

Interview Questions

• They asked about the CLASS software which I have no idea what it was.   Answer Question