YMCA Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Initial telephone screen, then in person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I went through a temp agency, and had multiple interviews before landing the job. The HR interview was pleasant, nothing out of the ordinary...the hiring manager interview was a little different. The YMCA has some specific needs, and it was tricky accurately matching my skills to those.

Be prepared to interview with as many as 3 people...the HR rep, your supervisor and dept head. Depending on the structure of the particular department, there may need to be more interviews.

Interview Questions

• My resume was a little all over he place...having had a few jobs in a relatively short amount of time. I had to eloquently explain this and why I would be with the YMCA long term   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

Interview

sent my cover and resume online. within a week, got a call back and did the initial interview. It was with the office manager and the branch assistant. Got a second interview in the same week. It was with the branch director and branch assistant. After the 2nd interview, I had to wait another two weeks before letting me know I received the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

There is 2 parts to the interview : a 30-40 minute in person interview and a skill testing part where the admin assistant is tested for her skills in word and excel

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, called to arrange a phone interview with two interviewers. Easy questions- typical of what would be expected, time management.. team environment etc. Heard back within a reasonable timeframe, nothing difficult or challenging was asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The Interview process is not very complex. It is very easy and you do not have to go through multiple interviews. Also the questions asked during interview are very generic.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in conflict with your co workers? and if yes how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, a mix of behavioural questions and experience questions. Phone interview at first, they ask 5-10 questions, I can't remember since it's been awhile now. It took about a week and a half to get the in-person interview. I had two people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what is your experience working in this field? Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview just to help ween out the over 200 applications. Recieved a in person interview a few weeks later. Was one of a few narrowed down from 200. Interviews were spread out over a few days.

Interview Questions

• What was your most disappointing moment in one of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and after one month I received a phone call from YMCA. There was only one interview with three interviewers. All the questions were really general. Like "why do you want to work for us".

Interview Questions

• They asked about the CLASS software which I have no idea what it was.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA in August 2011.

Interview

I got interviewed by 4 people at one time and they asked questions about my experience, education, and my ability to complete assigned tasks. I actually have to go in for another interview with 2 other people. I don't know what they're going to ask since I thought that they pretty much covered everything last time.