YMCA After School Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA After School Care Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted mostly on what experiences I've had working with kids. The interviewer asked a series of situational questions in relation to handling situations where a child would be in some dilemma or in need of some assistance. He also asked what my salary expectations were. He was very courteous and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a kid refuses to play with other kids?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Laguna Niguel, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

sat down with the site director in one of the classrooms. was asked about what kinds of experience i had had with children and child care, asked about my general disposition and attitude as you'd have to deal with parents on a daily basis, how i might handle an upset parent, what i should do if i need assistance, did i have medical training i.e. cpr and first aid.

Interview Questions

• asked about experience in child care   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Shoreview, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Met with the director of child care and the interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Easy questions asked. I was asked fairly easy questions that anyone with common sense could have answered. Questions regarding child safety and how i would react in certain situations.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 8 people. It was hard because this was an entry level, young adult seeking position, so there were hardly any knowledgable answers given. Group interviews suck because everyone usually repeats what the person before them said. Interviewer was TEXTING while candidates answered questions, she was rude also.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i as young, didn't negotiate pay, I was happy to have a job and the definitely take advantage of that.

Anonymous Employee in Mocksville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Mocksville, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview is simple and straight forward. Getting approved my the state is a different story. Have to have a clean record. State,federal, and county background check.
    The interviewer ask some though scratching questions that make you wonder if you really wanna persue a career in working with children.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with kids?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Plano, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

Quick phone call from HR explaining the role necessary to the job and then set up a 1:1 interview. Standard interview with standard questions. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions. Main standard interview questions   Answer Question