YMCA Camp Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2018

2.0

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

Filled out an application with interview questions in group setting. Each individual was called in for a short briefing and went on to fill out another online questionnaire before being hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a conflict with a fellow employee?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview process to access basic interaction skills and how you might deal with certain situations. At first I talked to a hiring manager and after passing through this, went on to a group interview process that took place at the local YMCA.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

First interview was in a group setting where they asked you to cut 4 pictures out of a magazine that described your core values. Follow up interview was one on one and more standard.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and I got an email asking to come in for group interview a few weeks later. from the woman in charge of the camp. The interview was very casual. People were wearing jeans and t shirts, but I wore business casual to still look professional

Interview Questions

• Here are some objects, create a game for the kids to play for a half hour.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you stood up to a person of authority.   Answer Question
    • What are your duties as a camp counselor?   1 Answer

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Fairly easy process. Did application online and was contacted to come in for a group interview about a week after. The interview itself consisted of presenting your own programming for a typical camp day as well as demonstrating one of the activities you have planned. Also had a separate interview away from the group.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child who was consistently misbehaving?   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

There is a large group interview. You are asked to complete various tasks as a group, such as create a camp song, participate in camp games, and act out difficult scenarios that occur at camp.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a camp counselor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrightwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Wrightwood, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the camp coordinator. She was super friendly and was easy to talk to. She also gave a tour of the camp. There was snow everywhere.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA in May 2017.

Interview

You email your application. They call you back to schedule an interview. There are a few days to choose from because it is a group interview. Dress casual because there was running involved.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

it is a 3 year interview process that you must be selected to be a part of. You get to apply as a camper and then the pick about half the applicants to continue through their internship training. It is a long interview and at the end they take less than 10% of the total applicants. If you aren't good with people then don't even bother. You will not get the job.

Interview Questions

• no questions, they assess the way you work by being with you for 3 summers.   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Group Interview. Different scenarios are set up and group exercises. You really have to be outgoing and make yourself stand out in the crowd. Lots of singing and dancing.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with children   1 Answer