YMCA Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.0

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very straightfoward. You apply online/send in your resume. If you are chosen from the resume, they will call you in to ask you a few questions. Most of these questions gauge your ability to work with children.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Greenwich, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a week after interviewing. They did not seem too interested so neither was I. Never called back to know if I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Extremely easy interview I got it even when I got stuck on questions. The hiring process takes a while because you drug test and do background checks and then I have to go downtown.

Interview Questions

• What games would you play that are educational for kids   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview process was kind of average bUT not callenging, they wanted to make sure the children was safe and had fun during the summer and also we was up to standards for the children

Interview Questions

• Are you good with children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure the kids play n enjoy themselves

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informative and relatively easy. The interviewer was very diligent and helpful. Incredible people that work in YMCA. Really amazing environment. Takes less than an hour to complete an interview and is very simple and straightforward as the YMCA staff prepares you for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Thomas, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Fort Thomas, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was super easy. I got into contact with the director at the time and she asked me to come in for an interview. It wasn't even really an interview because she didn't ask me any questions really. She told me what the job was about and if I was still interested. I said yes and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Shoreview, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

asked general questions: strenghts, weaknesses, conflict questions, and situational

Anonymous Employee in Claryville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Claryville, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

After receiving my resume and cover letter, they spoke with me on the phone and told me what the schedule and duties would be like. They sometimes like to throw in creative questions just to see what you will say on the spur of the moment. They ask if you have experience working with youth, babysitting, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a desert island with (three random objects), how would you use them to survive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Nashville, TN) in November 2010.

Interview

simple questions

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Arlington, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Excellent and friendly

Negotiation