YMCA Front Desk Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA in July 2017.

Interview

One Face-to-Face Interview
No Preliminary Drug Test
Background Check
Paid Training
2-4 Weeks to complete
- Welcoming management
- Tour of Facilities
Overall
-It was a short and sweet process. Training is engaging and does it's job in teaching you how to work the Front Desk Position.

Interview Questions

• Are you, or have you ever been a member of the YMCA   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Hamilton, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very good, the interviewer was extremely nice, and I was hired on the spot. I got a brief tour afterwards to start to acclimate myself to the facility. Seems like a great place to work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Richmond, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

There were group interviews prescheduled prior to filling out the application. The interview was fun. There were five interviewers. One to a table of six interviewees. The interview was basicly a personality test. The interview was a little longer than a hour. You should try and be the first to answer so that you don't repeat a previous persons answer.

Interview Questions

• There were strongly agree to strongly disagree questions where you had to explain your reasioning to the room.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Damariscotta, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Damariscotta, ME) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a very thorough process to be hired, including a background check. I was surprised at first but I fully understand that it is important to protect the kids from possible weirdos. I come from a professional background and I am used to being trusted and respected. The interviews were very professional and interested in my motivation and character. Overall, it made me feel proud when I was finally hired.

Interview Questions

• The background criminal check was surprising, but understandable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, they offered and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Sit down chat with the membership director of the branch. Since most people who apply for the position are out of high school or just in college, the questions typically relate to previous work experience, if any, and how you might handle specific situations relating to customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about being able to remember people's names well, since as a front desk staff you are expected to greet every customer.   Answer Question

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Got a call to set up a time/date for the One on One interview

Interview Questions

• What would you say the most difficult work situation you were in and how did you overcome that situation   Answer Question