YMCA Front Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Front Desk Interview Questions

1.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Interview

Interview

It was a very straight forward process. I went in person and filled out an application. They called me within a few weeks. The interview was simple questions about your past work experience, why you want to work there, etc. They called soon after to offer the position and talk about scheduling.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Was called a week before and conducted the first interview over the phone, the person was very nice and curious. went into an office the person was knowledgeable and helpful.
    We went through some basic questions like:
    What programs and/or software do you have experience using?
    How do you keep your daily schedule organized?
    What is the importance of a receptionist if we talk about a customer's overall impression of the organization?

Interview Questions

• What is your number one strength?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the membership supervisor and senior director of membership and health and wellness. It was your standard interview. They had already looked over my application so it was more of getting to know me. It was no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a confrontational customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Rome, GA).

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application and was interviewed a couple of days after. I found out that I had gotten the job the same day that I interviewed, so the waiting period was not long at all. The interview was a behavioral one, so it was not very difficult. I got the sense that they wanted to see how well the job would fit into my personality given the types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Boise, ID) in September 2013.

Interview

They will greet you, but will say they need to finish up something in their office quickly. This is a ploy to make you sit in the lobby and people watch, so don't mess around on your phone or anything of the like. The want to know how capable you are of interacting with individuals and how your treatment of others lines up with the Y's core values.

Interview Questions

• "If a member asks you about a program that you don't know anything about, and you are unable to get an answer from any other resources, what do you tell that individual?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out form in person, got a call a few weeks later, went in for interview, got an offer, did the drug testing.Talked about what you do at the job, how to talk to the people. It was more I was being told what to do on the job than being asked questions. Not very clear what the job was until I actually started.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with unruly children and unruly members. What to do in certain emergencies, hard to answer when you do not know anything about the facilities or the membership. Basically I answered as if I were saving my own family from a disaster, a child predator, and talking down an unruly disgruntled adult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Handed me a form to sign, but took a few minutes since he could not locate a pen, so I had to go out to my car to get one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Nazareth, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

They review the application and bring you in for a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was not very formal. I felt uncomfortable dressed up for an interview here. After a few questions they offered me the job. I felt pressured to accept the position on the spot. They were surprised when i asked for some time to think about the position.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA in October 2010.

Interview

I went into the YMCA and asked if they were hiring and for an application. The man at the front desk asked me if I had any certifications because you have to at least be CPR certified to get any position at the YCMA. I told him I was CPR certified and he proceeded to tell me that when your application is turned in they circulate to all their departments and the department that needs help will give you a call. If no department needs help they will keep your application on file for up to 3 months. A few days later I turned in my application and within a week and a half I received a call and we set up an interview for a few days later. After the interview she informed me she would give me a call about 3 days later which ended up being a week later. When she finally called me back she said they would love to give me the job but my schedule didn't comply with theirs and she told me to give her a call when my schedule opened up or during the summer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received bsd customer serivice and what would you have done to make it better if you were in their shoes?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the YMCA?   1 Answer
    • What strength and weakness will you bring to the YMCA?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at the YMCA?   1 Answer
    • What will you bring to the YMCA? (Another question asked was "What times and days can you work a week? or How many hours a week did you wan to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the interview process I was never asked how much pay I would like to recieve. I think that was on the application and it was my first job interview so I said minimum wage which I'm sure they had no problem with.

Front Desk Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA in January 2008.

Interview

They ask me about my experienced, if i was good communicating. My computer skills

Interview Questions

• What type of computer skills do you have?   1 Answer