YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at YMCA

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Livonia, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Basic normal interview then a functional interview followed by an interview with the executive director. Similar to almost any personal training interview that I have been on. They found me on indeed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a personal trainer?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was great. Was more of a "get to know you" rather than a formal interview. There were three rounds that were both personal and group settings. We were able to talk about who we are as a person as well as what we can contribute to the program. It really showed that there will always be room to grow here.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that can improve our program?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Standard in person interview. Sent my resume to the main office and was called back a few weeks later. Invited to an interview and started the next Day. Interview was with the coordinator and didn’t need to go in the water.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2020.

Interview

Was nice and organized the facility was just reopening after renovations. Stayed professional and calm during the construction during my interview. I just had the weekend to scrap together my references you need three from your last job and they got back to me on Monday and I got my first day and Ymca related training seminars.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you have well lifeguarding   1 Answer
    • How do I deal with a stressful situation   1 Answer

Youth Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ealing, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Ealing, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Online Application, Invited to Interview via E-mail and selecting time slot, Interview by panel - 2/3 people, offered the next day, approx. 4 weeks to start role, induction and training

Interview Questions

• What do you know about YMCA and the work it does?   1 Answer
    • Scenario based questions / tell me about your experience   Answer Question