YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at YMCA

1,586 Interview Reviews

2.2

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy interview. They asked questions to get to know who you are and your personality. They also asked situational questions to get an idea of how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I did a Skype interview as I was away at college. Most questions they asked were pretty standard. It lasted about 20 minutes and I was interviewed by both the lead staff that ran the summer camp. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a tough situation you've been faced with and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Had a brief in person interview where we basically went over the job requirements. Just a few general questions and I was on my merry way. The questions were geared towards child care.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

They were very nice and the scheduling was flexible, they made sure everyone was comfortable and the interview was fun you feel like you belong immediately and it’s usually a group interview too

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

One on one with the head of department. Very short and straightforward. Sent application and got response within the week. Very basic questions. They mainly want to see if you have previous formal experience, have a good personality to deal with children and parents, and are capable of being a good team member.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Few interviews on my character and desire to be a counselor. After meeting with several interviewers, was given letter with offer and description of the role I was being offered, which differed from my original application.

Interview Questions

• Had to bring one item to use to teach an interviewer something in 1 minute.   Answer Question

Interview

Simple interview. Liked the whole process. People seemed nice. Just a few simple questions to determine competence working with children. was very glad for the opportunity. I like that they give back to the community.

Day Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Quick and easy process, took like 1 month total. Started with a phone interview and that turned into an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Overall, it was a professional and organized process that did not take a long time to hear back.

Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

The interview was for a YMCA sponsored summer camp. I was applying to be one of the day camp's counselors. The interview process included one round of in-person interviews with the Director of the camp.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you've had working with children.   Answer Question

Association Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Interview

First was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Another senior member of the team was supposed to join, but was ill. As a top 2 finalist I was brought in for an in-person interview with 4 execs, including hiring manager. It was a 1 hour interview. They had assigned questions and there was also unscripted conversation. When that ended, another group interview was immediately following. I sat at the head of the table with the entire 9 person team. They each had assigned questions and then I was given a chance to ask them questions. I met with 9 people in one day. Ultimately, the job was given to an internal candidate who was also a part of the interview process. The ethics of this were questionable to me, which why I rated the experience as negative.

Interview Questions

• what strategies do you use to manage multiple projects and deadlines?   Answer Question