YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018
1,160 Interview Reviews

2.2

Activity Leader Interview

Interview

Very easy hiring process. They see how you work on a site with children and make sure that you are compatible and easy going with the children. Also they make sure that you can be a leader and lead the children in games that are compatible with the YMCA values.

Childwatch Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

interview consisted of two interviewers but only one asked a series of questions. The overall interview was fairly casual. The had a list of premade question around 15 question revolving around childcare experience and personal skill benefeting the position.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Fairly easy process. Did application online and was contacted to come in for a group interview about a week after. The interview itself consisted of presenting your own programming for a typical camp day as well as demonstrating one of the activities you have planned. Also had a separate interview away from the group.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child who was consistently misbehaving?   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy going be your self and exude professionalism and you should be fine it wasn't too nerve racking . Just talk about what impact you want to bring on for the kids

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the company   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The interview process was non-existent basically. It definitely needs to be stepped up to weed out the better candidates from others. Didn't really care what your reasons are as long as you are "hungry" to make money.

After School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

My interview was a very easy process! It was more like a conversation! They told me about the position I applied for and said they’d love to have me! I start working after a few trainings!

Interview Questions

• If you were to work here, which clubs would you like to teach?   1 Answer
    • When are you available to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience working with kids?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Port St Lucie, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Great in depth easy to follow friendly informative lengthy friendly all that I expected and more thank you very very much would say it was worth while to have participated in. Looks like a good place overall........... .......... ...... The experience was one that reminded me of the things that I️ need to ask next time in an interview so I️ will make a big note of that as soon as I️ get home ok did I️ write enough yet I️ hope so

Interview Questions

• Great to many to list
      An hours worth of questions   1 Answer

Database Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA in December 2017.

Interview

Got a phone screen/interview and seemed to pass that. I moved on to the face/face interview with two people which was a panel interview. I would have loved to know why I was rejected, but didn't even get an answer of why, and that was after sending two thank you cards and a follow up email.

Member Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Simple, the interviewer was amazing , so personable . It was informal but made it so much comfortable , gave me a tour of the corporate office and she showed me where I would be during the job. Asked a few question but literally it felt like she was giving me the job right there .

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Randolph, NJ).

Interview

The interview consists of very simple behavioral questions. It is very casual. Minimum preparation is needed for the interview. Will be required to complete some online courses after the interview.