YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.2

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

About a 45 minute interview. A lot of scenarios, describing strengths and weaknesses. Very long interview and you have to be prepared for different scenarios, many of the questions seemed the same only worded differently. I thought I bombed because I didn't know what inclusive meant lol, but I played it off. They want to know what your experiences are and how you will use those as a camp counsler.

Interview Questions

• What does inclusive mean to you?
      How are you socially responsible?
      What would you do if a child was picking on another child?
      Answer Question

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Hamilton, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very good, the interviewer was extremely nice, and I was hired on the spot. I got a brief tour afterwards to start to acclimate myself to the facility. Seems like a great place to work

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

it is a 3 year interview process that you must be selected to be a part of. You get to apply as a camper and then the pick about half the applicants to continue through their internship training. It is a long interview and at the end they take less than 10% of the total applicants. If you aren't good with people then don't even bother. You will not get the job.

Interview Questions

• no questions, they assess the way you work by being with you for 3 summers.   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Group Interview. Different scenarios are set up and group exercises. You really have to be outgoing and make yourself stand out in the crowd. Lots of singing and dancing.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with children   1 Answer

Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I sat down with the aquatics director and chatted for a bit, but I think that since I was a swimmer that I had quite the advantage. She just discussed my past jobs, why I wanted to be an instructor, and where I wanted to be in a year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation phase

Architect Interview

Interview

The interview was very informative, everyone is really nice. We went over portfolio and they give you feedback on your work. They dont criticize you or anything and they ask for your availablilties and such. They then ask about what you would be interested in doing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Asked about relevant experience. Asked about values towards guests and children. Also about my certifications and belay skills. My references needed to complete a reference questionnaire. Other than that the interview was pretty easy and the position was offered to me over the phone right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the "tell a time when"...   1 Answer

Assistant Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview first, basically just tell me about yourself and why you are interested in the position and then she described the position a little bit and we scheduled an in person interview for the following week. In person interview was very casual, basic questions about dealing with youth and how I handle leadership position. Third interview was on site, I mainly observed and saw what a typical day would look like. It was all very casual and the staff was very easy to talk to.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was easy. Clear Questions and answers. Relaxed setting and very nice individuals. Heard back quickly after the interview was completed. Overall very good interview process. Would recommend company to anyone looking for a potential job in aquatics.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very straightfoward. You apply online/send in your resume. If you are chosen from the resume, they will call you in to ask you a few questions. Most of these questions gauge your ability to work with children.