YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018
1,235 Interview Reviews

2.2

Program Director Interview

Interview

The Initial communication through email through an employee. The Interview was set up through email. I had a great face to face interview with the executive director. Possible second interview to come.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY).

Interview

Was brought into a room with 2 other people for a group interview. We played 2 games.The first one we were blindfolded, and the second one we were suppose to form a play. After I waited an hour before getting called for the second interview. The interviewer read off a paper. Not very friendly didn't seem very interested. Was told I would be called back for a second interview and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you disagreeded with someone. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience where you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Came in one day for an interview, one on one, with the aquatics director. She had me come in another day for a skills interview where I had to guard for about 30 minutes and then do some basic saves.

Interview Questions

• What are some good qualities that a lifeguard should have?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olean, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Olean, NY).

Interview

Talked one on one with the aquatics director, spoke about lifeguard certification, previous experience, etc. Pretty simple interview, just be honest about your qualifications and experience and there should be no problem.

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Quick and easy nothing to worry fast painless the people are cool and easy to get to know i don’t know what else to say it’s easy and you’ll do good

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

First interview was in a group setting where they asked you to cut 4 pictures out of a magazine that described your core values. Follow up interview was one on one and more standard.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and I got an email asking to come in for group interview a few weeks later. from the woman in charge of the camp. The interview was very casual. People were wearing jeans and t shirts, but I wore business casual to still look professional

Interview Questions

• Here are some objects, create a game for the kids to play for a half hour.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you stood up to a person of authority.   Answer Question
    • What are your duties as a camp counselor?   1 Answer

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview for a certain time and they never called, so I had to call them. Turns out the interviewer was busy and had to reschedule. The interviewer was also not very good with responding to emails.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an isolated child who is having trouble socializing with the other children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Well we spoke briefly on the phone and set a time and day. Went in and was asked about what I could bring to the job and then for the next 2 hours got to listen to how great he was and how much he has done.

Interview Questions

• Very opened ended-
      How would I handle and agree member and tell about a time I had to deal with conflict.
      Asked if I knew what YMCA stood for and ment.   Answer Question

Kidzone Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Very short, a few questions. Manager was nice and discussed job tasks. They give you a tour and have someone train you for a few hours in the Kidzone. There is paperwork that has to be filled out and a background check done