YMCA Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,779 of over 1.8K interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at YMCA

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Awesome interview process very welcoming and interactive. It was a group interview which set up a great energy throughout the process. I highly recommend this company as it is great for summer and or seasonal work.

Interview Questions
  • How would you keep a group of kids interacting as well as engaged for an outdoor activity.
    Answer Question

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Basic interview process. Was contacted quickly for an interview. The interview was with two people. The people conducting the interview were professional and nice. If offered position training is done within the first 30 days.

Interview Questions
  • Basic interview questions, that help understand job requirements.

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Easy going aquatics director who educated me on how the Y serves the community. Asked me why I'd like to work there. Went through a basic hiring process. Took a tour of the aquatics facility. Took a swim test. Enrolled in Lifeguard and FirstAid certification.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Tiered interview. You have to meet with more than one person. The last meeting was with the president. The usual questions are asked. They appreciate people that are organized and reliable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YMCA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Not challenging, but engaging. The initial interview was easy and the subsequent interviews were more complex. Positive overall experience. Would recommend if interested in the education system in the after school section.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Interview done over the phone - asked questions about working with children and experiences, asked to provide references and would hear back once those references completed the questionnaire sent out to them

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

The process was okay but when offered the job they went down on the wage. I believe that was unprofessional and they could have provided that information beforehand. The interview was not bad at all very comfortable answering questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Have you worked with children before?

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

Phone call then group interview. It was pretty simple as the director is basically just feeling you out to make sure youre semi normal. The second part is where you will meet other counselors so they can see how you act in a group setting

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work with kids?

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

The interview was a typical interview with personal and profession questions about your life. Starting with personal life so you wouldn’t feel like you were at an interrogation and led into pin pointing of you would be a good fill for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What attributes would you bring to the table?

YMCA

Application

I interviewed at YMCA

Interview

They asked about creativity, responsibility, and effectiveness in care with children and adults. They also wanted you to be open about your ability to communicate with parents and other staff.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to an angry parent?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,779 Interviews