YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
1,034 Interview Reviews

2.2

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. They usually look for experienced guards, and want someone to work evening hours. You must be able to swim the required amount of distance for American Red Cross. You pretty much know if you will or will not be hired on the first interview. Quick and easy, just be honest and depending on your qualifications you will most likely get the job.

Group Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Flushing, NY).

Interview

After submitting my application I corresponded with a lady who I later found out was my boss's boss. I supplied a resume and cover letter. I was contacted again and asked to send references. Then a interview was scheduled. It was perhaps the easiest part of the whole process. Then I was instructed to wait at least two weeks for my background check, urine sample (you do not want to fail this), and my fingerprints to be scanned. About three weeks after the interview I started working.

Interview Questions

• What kind of employer would you like to work for?   1 Answer

Corporate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Was pretty standard, seemed inviting. When you first entered it was a bit intimidating but other than that it was fine. Just be prepared to answer questions in depth. And bare in mind that it is a company geared towards children and families.

Nursery Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Quick, to the point. They were very kind and understanding if I tripped up since they were my first employer and interview. It was very relaxed and laid back but people do take their jobs seriously.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you willing to work? What are your values?   1 Answer

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

There is a large group interview. You are asked to complete various tasks as a group, such as create a camp song, participate in camp games, and act out difficult scenarios that occur at camp.

Regional Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YMCA (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This position used a recruiter. Had a good interview and was told was a top candidate. Weeks went by, with little communication. When I followed up, was strung along for several more weeks. Finally received an email at 1:00am telling me the ultimately decided on another candidate. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Child Care Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The interview process was very brief and casual. I knew several people working at the organization and was prepared to get the job. It did take a while for everything to come together and for work to begin.

Youth Leader Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview. I went to the job fair and they had me fill out an app, then took me in to ask questions. Got back to me within 2 weeks. It took me about a month to actually start working though because of all the pre-employment things you have to do. But other than that, it was really easy

Interview Questions

• What do you do if there's a child misbehaving or being aggressive?   1 Answer

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Katy, TX).

Interview

The interview lasted an hour. We filled out a packet full of questions about your experience and how you would react in certain scenarios. We played a couple of camp games with the other people that were interviewing. He asked me about my experience and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

About a 45 minute interview. A lot of scenarios, describing strengths and weaknesses. Very long interview and you have to be prepared for different scenarios, many of the questions seemed the same only worded differently. I thought I bombed because I didn't know what inclusive meant lol, but I played it off. They want to know what your experiences are and how you will use those as a camp counsler.

Interview Questions

• What does inclusive mean to you?
      How are you socially responsible?
      What would you do if a child was picking on another child?   1 Answer