YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,119 Interview Reviews

2.2

Swim Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Athletically Strenuous Swim assessment followed by a formal interviewing process with a friendly interviewer in an arguably informal setting. With lots of scenario questions and learning about the facility itself.

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people seem to work at the Y no matter where i go. The interview process was less formal than expected. Great organization with great facilities. Don’t be nervous

Case Manager Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy and enjoyable interviews. Was not nervous anymore when supervisor was speaking and calmed down. Different questions were asked as all interviews. The general questions that are aslways asked in interviews which makes it completely easy and just be yourself because that’ll make a better impression.

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YMCA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I never got to the phone interview. I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview, I told her the time that I was available to have a phone screen which was the following day at noon. Never received a call I had to call her and ask her what was going on she told me she would call me back but never did. Word of advice, if you chose someone else just SAY IT! Just bad customer service and hr communication skills. Glad I didn’t waste my time going in for an in person interview. Just a complete lack of consideration.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Great interview, sat down with 3 other people applying for same position. Sent us to walk around facility and get to know members. Had to find out 3 things about them. Also did a tour of the facility and got to see how everything worked.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest strength?   1 Answer

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Applied online, followed up with Regional Director one week later. Contacted by phone about a week later by Regional Director. Scheduled interview within 2 days. I was contacted early in the morning. Interview was during mid afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had de-escalate an upset parent   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with budgeting?   1 Answer

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Torrance, CA).

Interview

My interview process was the standard one for hiring Fitness Instructors. The main thing in such interviews is that the Supervisor wants to make sure one's certifications are current - Group Ex Certs and CPR/First Aid.

Interview Questions

• The Supervisor asked if my certifications were current - Group Ex Certs and CPR/First Aid. That was followed up with questions about what classes do I currently teach, which other facilities do I teach and what classes, which class(es), days and times would I be available to teach and on what days. Then, I was shown the facility, the Fitness and Cycling rooms and reminded about the guidelines for teaching safe classes and the music speed and volume.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy quick interview. Came in for a 10-15 minute interview and had to get in pool to show that I could pass the swimming requirements. Asked about myself as a student, what I did outside of school, and why I would be a good fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. What would you do in certain situations?   1 Answer

Sports Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

came into the facility and meet the athletic director in his office. It was really easy, and relaxing to be in a comfortable, low-stress, environment. I would recommend the YMCa to anyone looking for a job of that nature

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was extremely smooth, I entered my soon to be bosses office and hit it off right away. Management wanted to see how well I could interact with strangers because that was the job essentially. The questions were