YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people seem to work at the Y no matter where i go. The interview process was less formal than expected. Great organization with great facilities. Don’t be nervous

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YMCA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I never got to the phone interview. I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview, I told her the time that I was available to have a phone screen which was the following day at noon. Never received a call I had to call her and ask her what was going on she told me she would call me back but never did. Word of advice, if you chose someone else just SAY IT! Just bad customer service and hr communication skills. Glad I didn’t waste my time going in for an in person interview. Just a complete lack of consideration.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

My phone interview was a prescreen ; the interview with the Executive Director lasted 15 minutes; I was told by him he didn't have time to review my resume. I was asked several questions that as the Executive Director you shouldn't ask. I know he was knew and he was looking for a very specific person. But I had been prescreened and these questions should have been asked then.
    I was asked where I grew up; what neighborhood in Chicago. He was looking for someone who grew up on the streets and had street cred. I was told that he needed someone with experience he could fit right in due to the fact they are in the middle of their sessions. I don't quite understand then why I made it through the prescreening or was selected for an interview.
    He told me what I had been making was not what YMCA could pay me; I explained I wasn't looking for that amount and that I was excited about this program. A half hour was my scheduled time slot; I was hurried in and out. As a director previously I would talk to people for an hour at least.
    This director told me he would have his secretary call me back for an interview next week with him and the president for a different position but I was never called.

Interview Questions

• Question
      Where did you grow up; what neighborhood?   1 Answer

Child Care Worker Interview

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple and easy. It was in a relaxed environment. Showcase yourself and abilities. If you need to take a minute before answering question that is ok too as some may catch you off guard at times.

Regional Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YMCA (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This position used a recruiter. Had a good interview and was told was a top candidate. Weeks went by, with little communication. When I followed up, was strung along for several more weeks. Finally received an email at 1:00am telling me the ultimately decided on another candidate. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a miscommunication from the beginning, that I felt a bit overlooked. The interview was around 30+ minutes. It was in an office with two interviewers, the supervisor and another coordinator.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your goals fit with this position?   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you lead a group of diverse people (ideas, backgrounds) ?   1 Answer

Outdoor Pool Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, asking different types of questions, it was really fast paced. One question right after another, and the difficulty of the questions varied. I did not get the position, due to my age.

Interview Questions

• How can we retain, if not increase our numbers, while keeping spending as low as possible?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (El Paso, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

What would i do in a stressful situation. And how would i do finger play toddlers. And how would i discipline a child. And it was calm. And how would i have a child do if they are bored

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and I believe it went well. Asked about my past job experience and how I would act in certain situations. Told me they would reach out to my references and have someone call me back. Its been a while since then and I haven't heard anything from the interviewer. Even though they were smiling and laughing in my face as if we were long lost friends. Sent a follow up email asking about the status annnnnnnd... crickets...
         This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the job-seeking process. Recruiters don't have to provide a reason, just a quick "Thank you for your application, but we have decided to engage a different candidate. We wish you the best of luck in your job search." would suffice. It's brutal waiting and waiting only to never hear back from a company, especially if you think you did well in the interview. It's like being stood up on the second or third date. BE REAL! THIS UNPROFESSIONAL!

Interview Questions

• Something about how does my past jobs exp. apply to to current position.   1 Answer

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Edina, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called for a pre-screen phone interview that involved general questions about my educational and professional background as well as a description of the job. I was then contacted for an in person interview where I was interviewed by two people in supervisory positions. They were both professional and courteous towards me.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a project you have been tasked with, what steps did you take to complete the project, and what was the result?   Answer Question