YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

1.8

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Orangeburg, SC).

Interview

The guidelines for this job were explained as; ensure the safety and security of the facilities patrons as well as the staff. Guard the water for any patron that may be in danger or being unsafe.

Interview Questions

• Are you an advanced swimmer?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The supervisor asks simple questions. The questions are not meant to trip you up, just get to understand your character. Once the interview is over, you go through employee training that has a quiz at then end.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

Easy interview, the manager mainly wanted to know why you applied and how you can help. Making sure you show up and do your job. I would not worry too much about it

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are too hard   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online for a YMCA interview and was later contacted by the manager for an interview. We scheduled and I passed a swim test and interview. I later did got my fingerprints done and was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of being a team member?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. They usually look for experienced guards, and want someone to work evening hours. You must be able to swim the required amount of distance for American Red Cross. You pretty much know if you will or will not be hired on the first interview. Quick and easy, just be honest and depending on your qualifications you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working as a lifeguard?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work evening hours?   1 Answer

Indoor/Outdoor Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at YMCA (East York, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very comprehensive and open. This interview was invasive and it required much time and effort to procure the mandatory documents to be able to perform my duties. The interview itself was very personable and the hiring manager spent hours with me showing me the facilities and explaining the requirements and expectations if I accept offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Child Abuse Clearances?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was easy. Clear Questions and answers. Relaxed setting and very nice individuals. Heard back quickly after the interview was completed. Overall very good interview process. Would recommend company to anyone looking for a potential job in aquatics.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nicholasville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Nicholasville, KY).

Interview

Very smooth. Phone interview then one on one personal interview... once you were hired there was a "hiring day" where all the employees would come in and out to different tables to fill out paperwork and get their drug test done. One desk would be the contract, one desk would be getting a copy of your ID and SS, one desk would be explaining training's, and one desk would be getting you signed up for extra activities.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Monroe, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Normal interview questions mostly. Threw in a few situational questions about lifeguarding scenarios. Afterward, we went to the pool and I had to demonstrate five different swimming strokes that she asked me to do.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a non-english speaker is doing backflips into the shallow end?   Answer Question

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Port Huron, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

They made the interview more of a normal conversation instead of a company that asks a lot of questions that makes the person feel as if they were being put on the spot.