YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,072 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

You have to know someone or be a former employee they hire from within

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation it was $8 an hour

Daycare Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

One interview with two site directors. Questions pretty typical like "What would you do if two kids want the same toy?" or "Why this organization?"

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry parent?   1 Answer

Wellness Director Interview

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview with members and staff

Interview Questions

• varies, members ask all types of crazy questions that is not relevant to anything at that point in time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little if any negotiation on salary.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward. I was simply asked about my experiences relevant to the position, and whether I had knowledge of social science data reporting and techniques. The staff is inviting and friendly and eager to have assistance since like most non-profits, resources are low for the work they do.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Interview

They now do a practical and skills interview in the pool for safety, situations, first aid, and other related activities. When I interviewed in 2006, we had to do a bunch of behavioural questions. There were two interviewers and three of us in the same interview. They asked a lot of behavioural questions on leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team to do something great.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Interview

You will be interviewed by 3 different groups of people. Senior management, Director Peers in your prospective branch, and specific Department Director Peers across the association (all branches). Plan on spending 3 hours and answering lots of questions and asking questions of them.

Interview Questions

People say they are happy but they don't really seem happy. They seem stressed out.

Interview

Had a phone interview just to help ween out the over 200 applications. Recieved a in person interview a few weeks later. Was one of a few narrowed down from 200. Interviews were spread out over a few days.

Interview Questions

• What was your most disappointing moment in one of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for interview after two weeks. The guy interviewed me was very nice. He asked me about myself. What do you know about YMCA. Then asked questions based on my resume. The interview was relatively quick, about 15 minutes at most. After the interview, he also gave me a quick tour in YMCA.

Interview Questions

• There wasno difficult questions, only basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

It was easy, just want to know about your history with children and how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What is something about your self you can improve on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No phase

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

very well done, organized. straight forward brief

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.