YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017
1,014 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online in Feb/March and had interview in May. Process was easy and relaxed, very simple questions. Make sure you have games in mind that you could play with the kids on rainy days, or a regular outdoor day at camp. Also make sure you are prepared to ask about dealing with behavioral issues.

Interview Questions

• , was asked about dealing with certain situations involving children and how I would handle them.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online at the main website, was scheduled for an interview within a week. The interview took less than 30 minutes. I received a decision the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a cash register?   1 Answer
    • What is your class schedule and how many hours/week do you want to work?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Greenwich, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a week after interviewing. They did not seem too interested so neither was I. Never called back to know if I got the job.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YMCA (Toms River, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy going. Over the phone, then in person. Really relaxed interview, came in and was asked about my experience and what I hope to achieve out of this role. The interview was 20 minutes at most and got a call back within a couple days. Overall experience was pleasant.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Livonia, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, asked basic questions regarding childcare experience and leadership abilities. Phone interview lasted roughly 20 mins and I received a response within a few weeks. A background check and drug testing was required before beginning work. Additionally, company provided CPR/AED and first aid training was required before the start of camp.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working directly with school age children?   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

There is a large group interview. You are asked to complete various tasks as a group, such as create a camp song, participate in camp games, and act out difficult scenarios that occur at camp.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview included 2 parts. Initial interview included a 30 minute demonstration with another trainer offering an example of a training program you would offer for a standard client. Afterwards was taken into a board room with 4 department heads who each took time to ask a couple questions and make notes regarding your responses. Was informed that the next part would include meeting with the other trainers to see how we vibed together before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you had to deal with a problem in your work. What was the problem and how did you approach fixing it   Answer Question
    • What would you consider to be your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you made a mistake. What did you do to fix it. How do you plan to ensure it's not repeated   Answer Question

Indoor/Outdoor Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at YMCA (East York, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very comprehensive and open. This interview was invasive and it required much time and effort to procure the mandatory documents to be able to perform my duties. The interview itself was very personable and the hiring manager spent hours with me showing me the facilities and explaining the requirements and expectations if I accept offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Child Abuse Clearances?   1 Answer

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Ask situational questions, Should dress professional. Also, make sure you are able to explain how you will handle children if not complying with the rules. Remember you are not allowed to discipline the children

Regional Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YMCA (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This position used a recruiter. Had a good interview and was told was a top candidate. Weeks went by, with little communication. When I followed up, was strung along for several more weeks. Finally received an email at 1:00am telling me the ultimately decided on another candidate. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question