YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,073 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

About a 45 minute interview. A lot of scenarios, describing strengths and weaknesses. Very long interview and you have to be prepared for different scenarios, many of the questions seemed the same only worded differently. I thought I bombed because I didn't know what inclusive meant lol, but I played it off. They want to know what your experiences are and how you will use those as a camp counsler.

Interview Questions

• What does inclusive mean to you?
      How are you socially responsible?
      What would you do if a child was picking on another child?   2 Answers

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Katy, TX).

Interview

The interview lasted an hour. We filled out a packet full of questions about your experience and how you would react in certain scenarios. We played a couple of camp games with the other people that were interviewing. He asked me about my experience and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with children?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two people conducted interview. Casual and relaxed. Took about forty five minutes. They explained the job, asked me a few questions, and went over the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you encountered a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How have you been a part of a team in other jobs?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a miscommunication from the beginning, that I felt a bit overlooked. The interview was around 30+ minutes. It was in an office with two interviewers, the supervisor and another coordinator.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your goals fit with this position?   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you lead a group of diverse people (ideas, backgrounds) ?   1 Answer

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Mobile, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Was non formal wear. Consisted of two people. Talked for a matter of five minutes and then . . Showed around center explained policy on away guestThe they gave a drug test and said it was negative.

Interview Questions

• How many kids to you have? Why do you want to work here? What is you availability?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Salem, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process to be brief but quite efficient. There was first an online application and then a panel interview to judge if they should be hired. I thought the questions were relevant and the application process simple.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a staff member you looked up to or your superior was neglecting their duties?   1 Answer

Youth Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. We did the interview in a group of 3 and were asked to perform a song or activity that we would use if we were leading a group of kids, nothing difficult. Then we were asked questions as to how we have handled situations with kids or how we would handle situations like that.

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Hamilton, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very good, the interviewer was extremely nice, and I was hired on the spot. I got a brief tour afterwards to start to acclimate myself to the facility. Seems like a great place to work

Youth Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call the day after I submitted application and interviewed the next week with the Director and Program Manager. Both people were very nice and laid back. I did not accept the job because the commute was to far away.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience contribute toward the mission of the YMCA?   Answer Question

Indoor/Outdoor Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in East York, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at YMCA (East York, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very comprehensive and open. This interview was invasive and it required much time and effort to procure the mandatory documents to be able to perform my duties. The interview itself was very personable and the hiring manager spent hours with me showing me the facilities and explaining the requirements and expectations if I accept offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Child Abuse Clearances?   1 Answer