YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.2

Youth Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY).

Interview

Very laid back. They want to know if you are good with kids and can handle difficult situations.There was a brief over the phone screening, followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be able to handle a big load of screaming children?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Interview

It was easy she just asked what it meant to be working with kids and why I want to work with them and if I had enough college credits to work there

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Group setting interview with members of leadership team. Little group exercise to observe you interacting with people and then 2 groups to discuss experiences and situational "problem solving". During the group discussions it was open for anyone to respond so it was a chance to see how you listen and respond and be respectful of other people talking also. Overall it was fairly informal and relaxed. Be knowledgable of the values of the organization and try to use that knowledge to form your responses to questions and scenarios.

Americore Vista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Kansas City, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Relatively informal and very positive experience. The hiring manager wanted to get a feel for my experience and my expectations of the position. The hiring manager was very nice and encouraging. It was a one on one interview following a brief phone screen. The interview took place in the office where the position would take place. The interview was approximately 40 minutes. The interviewer did not provide coffee, though I did not expect them too.

After School Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted mostly on what experiences I've had working with kids. The interviewer asked a series of situational questions in relation to handling situations where a child would be in some dilemma or in need of some assistance. He also asked what my salary expectations were. He was very courteous and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a kid refuses to play with other kids?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with two phone interviews. One conducted by the Talent Acquisition Manager. She was very cordial and informational about the position and the company. The second phone interview was conducted by her boss. Each phone call lasted about 25-40 minutes. These phone calls were followed up with two rounds of in-person interviews with multiple management team members with corporate management and branch managers.

Interview Questions

• My experience working with adults and children. How many employees had I supervised in my career. They asked about my sales experience.   1 Answer

Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It was an informal interview, and it was pre determine if you were to be hire due to your paperwork information. It was an easy going environment and also they introduced other employees and also included a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• If a puppy and a giraffe were drowning which one would you save?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Membership Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very informal. The first time i interviewed with this company the manager was wearing jeans. You meet with a manager or supervisor in either their office or a meeting room. From there they dive into asking you questions. After the interview process they give you an opportunity to ask some questions, they’ll give you a tour of the facility and then they will let you know they will follow up with you via phone once they complete the interview process.

Interview Questions

• questions 1. tell me about yourself
      question 2. how do you handle a difficult situation give an example
      question 3. do you have a leadership background
      question 4. how do handle business and personal relationships at work
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Had phone interview first. Then had an interview in person with the HR. Was easy interview. Situational questions related to the position. Try to be real and they will accept you the way you are.
    Kepp following up with the HR. Paper work took more time but I finally got the job,

Group Ex Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Beverly, MA).

Interview

Got certified at the Y and then waited for job openings there. If you get certified at the Y, they will probably put you on the sub list as soon as you pass the written and practicum.