YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017
1,051 Interview Reviews

2.2

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was easy. Clear Questions and answers. Relaxed setting and very nice individuals. Heard back quickly after the interview was completed. Overall very good interview process. Would recommend company to anyone looking for a potential job in aquatics.

Assistant Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview first, basically just tell me about yourself and why you are interested in the position and then she described the position a little bit and we scheduled an in person interview for the following week. In person interview was very casual, basic questions about dealing with youth and how I handle leadership position. Third interview was on site, I mainly observed and saw what a typical day would look like. It was all very casual and the staff was very easy to talk to.

Youth Sports and Wellness Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed resume/cover letter and within a day received a response to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was on a Tuesday and by the following Monday I set up a face to face interview with the senior membership director and executive director. That interview was the following Tuesday. Two weeks later I went back and interviewed again with those two along with the current wellness director who overlooks two branches and a lady from HR. The whole process was very easy and they were great at feedback and keeping me up to date when I followed up. Two weeks later I received my offer.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very straightfoward. You apply online/send in your resume. If you are chosen from the resume, they will call you in to ask you a few questions. Most of these questions gauge your ability to work with children.

Youth Counselor Interview

Interview

Process was very quick because they desperately needed people at my location...
    You have to get a couple of certificates and training online, there is also a CPR certificate that is required and what not..

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was fairly brief. I spoke with one of the managers about my previous experiences at summer/day camps. The interviewer was very nice and I was offered the job right away.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met face to face. Lasted 10 minutes. Asked generic questions. Most dealt with experience with children and character questions. I already knew people from a previous sports team I had played on so they hired me based off of previous knowledge of who I was.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work 40 hrs a week over the summer, outside, with kids?   Answer Question

Sports Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I found out about the job through another YMCA employee. I drove to the YMCA I was applying at and asked to speak with the executive branch manager to apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• What type of marketing background do you have?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (El Paso, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

What would i do in a stressful situation. And how would i do finger play toddlers. And how would i discipline a child. And it was calm. And how would i have a child do if they are bored

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and I believe it went well. Asked about my past job experience and how I would act in certain situations. Told me they would reach out to my references and have someone call me back. Its been a while since then and I haven't heard anything from the interviewer. Even though they were smiling and laughing in my face as if we were long lost friends. Sent a follow up email asking about the status annnnnnnd... crickets...
         This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the job-seeking process. Recruiters don't have to provide a reason, just a quick "Thank you for your application, but we have decided to engage a different candidate. We wish you the best of luck in your job search." would suffice. It's brutal waiting and waiting only to never hear back from a company, especially if you think you did well in the interview. It's like being stood up on the second or third date. BE REAL! THIS UNPROFESSIONAL!

Interview Questions

• Something about how does my past jobs exp. apply to to current position.   1 Answer