YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.2

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with two phone interviews. One conducted by the Talent Acquisition Manager. She was very cordial and informational about the position and the company. The second phone interview was conducted by her boss. Each phone call lasted about 25-40 minutes. These phone calls were followed up with two rounds of in-person interviews with multiple management team members with corporate management and branch managers.

Interview Questions

• My experience working with adults and children. How many employees had I supervised in my career. They asked about my sales experience.   1 Answer

Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It was an informal interview, and it was pre determine if you were to be hire due to your paperwork information. It was an easy going environment and also they introduced other employees and also included a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• If a puppy and a giraffe were drowning which one would you save?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Membership Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very informal. The first time i interviewed with this company the manager was wearing jeans. You meet with a manager or supervisor in either their office or a meeting room. From there they dive into asking you questions. After the interview process they give you an opportunity to ask some questions, they’ll give you a tour of the facility and then they will let you know they will follow up with you via phone once they complete the interview process.

Interview Questions

• questions 1. tell me about yourself
      question 2. how do you handle a difficult situation give an example
      question 3. do you have a leadership background
      question 4. how do handle business and personal relationships at work
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Had phone interview first. Then had an interview in person with the HR. Was easy interview. Situational questions related to the position. Try to be real and they will accept you the way you are.
    Kepp following up with the HR. Paper work took more time but I finally got the job,

Group Ex Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Beverly, MA).

Interview

Got certified at the Y and then waited for job openings there. If you get certified at the Y, they will probably put you on the sub list as soon as you pass the written and practicum.

After School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an email about coming in for an interview in just a few hours after I applied. It was casual and brief and only lasted 20-30 minutes at most. Asked the basics: tell me about yourself, availability, why do you want to be an After-School Counselor, what do you think would your co-workers and supervisors would say about you (your personality, if you're on time, if you work well with others), etc. My schedule was not going to work for the position but they recommended me to the supervisor of Child Watch and two weeks later and I got an email back asking if I was interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to plan an activity and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Tacoma, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

They emailed me and said I qualify for a higher position and called me and offered me the job. Then I met with them at the home branch and was asked 3 questions. When they emailed me the first time, they told me all about the job and what I would do and then offered me it.Everyone was super nice when I first met them. They were friendly and I was complimented on my dress. They are excited and they are very focused on the kids success.

Program Director I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with 1 person in August of 2016. The next step would have been an in person interview had I made it past the phone screening. Phone interview took about 20 minutes. Interviewer started off telling me a little about the position and then proceeded with her questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate clearly with stakeholders?
      Why do you want to work for the Y?
      Tell me about your supervisory experience.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      How would you handle dealing with diverse program recipients that don't speak the same language as you?
      Tell me about your experiences in recreational programs.
      Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a one on one interview asking about difference situations regarding kids and what I would do. You were asked about your favorite aspects in helping kids. Your thoughts on being a role model.

Interview Questions

• What is an instances that you had to deal with a difficult child   Answer Question

Start Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Manchester, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

The head of the program was very professional from start to finish. Wanted to know why I wanted to be a start tutor. How many years experience I had with children. What I be interested in working more than part-time.

Interview Questions

• She asked me why I wanted to tutor.   1 Answer