YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

1.7

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy quick interview. Came in for a 10-15 minute interview and had to get in pool to show that I could pass the swimming requirements. Asked about myself as a student, what I did outside of school, and why I would be a good fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. What would you do in certain situations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Orangeburg, SC).

Interview

The guidelines for this job were explained as; ensure the safety and security of the facilities patrons as well as the staff. Guard the water for any patron that may be in danger or being unsafe.

Interview Questions

• Are you an advanced swimmer?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The supervisor asks simple questions. The questions are not meant to trip you up, just get to understand your character. Once the interview is over, you go through employee training that has a quiz at then end.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

Easy interview, the manager mainly wanted to know why you applied and how you can help. Making sure you show up and do your job. I would not worry too much about it

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are too hard   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. They usually look for experienced guards, and want someone to work evening hours. You must be able to swim the required amount of distance for American Red Cross. You pretty much know if you will or will not be hired on the first interview. Quick and easy, just be honest and depending on your qualifications you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working as a lifeguard?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work evening hours?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was easy. Clear Questions and answers. Relaxed setting and very nice individuals. Heard back quickly after the interview was completed. Overall very good interview process. Would recommend company to anyone looking for a potential job in aquatics.

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Lima, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

You go to the interview and you wait a day or two. them they call you to go do paperwork. a few days later you go walk around the YMCA and learn about the history of the YMCA.

Interview Questions

• How do you tell a child to stop running on the pool deck?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Monroe, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Normal interview questions mostly. Threw in a few situational questions about lifeguarding scenarios. Afterward, we went to the pool and I had to demonstrate five different swimming strokes that she asked me to do.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a non-english speaker is doing backflips into the shallow end?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I called the YMCA explaining I was a skilled lifeguard. Two days later they called back asking me for an interview. When I arrived had to do a back ground check and bring in a resume; followed by a 20 length swim test to test my skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging experience at work and how you solved the matter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet with the aquatics directors or aquatics coordinator. Very causual interview. They mostly want to make sure you have a good personality and are somewhat responsible. Just make sure you come prepared with basic materials. Bring your certifications and BRING YOUR RESUME.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this facility?   1 Answer