YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

1.6

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The supervisor asks simple questions. The questions are not meant to trip you up, just get to understand your character. Once the interview is over, you go through employee training that has a quiz at then end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

Easy interview, the manager mainly wanted to know why you applied and how you can help. Making sure you show up and do your job. I would not worry too much about it

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are too hard   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. They usually look for experienced guards, and want someone to work evening hours. You must be able to swim the required amount of distance for American Red Cross. You pretty much know if you will or will not be hired on the first interview. Quick and easy, just be honest and depending on your qualifications you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working as a lifeguard?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work evening hours?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was easy. Clear Questions and answers. Relaxed setting and very nice individuals. Heard back quickly after the interview was completed. Overall very good interview process. Would recommend company to anyone looking for a potential job in aquatics.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Monroe, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Normal interview questions mostly. Threw in a few situational questions about lifeguarding scenarios. Afterward, we went to the pool and I had to demonstrate five different swimming strokes that she asked me to do.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a non-english speaker is doing backflips into the shallow end?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet with the aquatics directors or aquatics coordinator. Very causual interview. They mostly want to make sure you have a good personality and are somewhat responsible. Just make sure you come prepared with basic materials. Bring your certifications and BRING YOUR RESUME.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this facility?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Boise, ID).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and straightforward. After taking the YMCA Lifeguard Certification Class, I was almost guaranteed a job working for the Y. After the class, I submitted my resume to the employer like I would for any job. When I was called in for the interview I was told I could have dressed a little more casual. I was interviewed by the Lifeguard and Safety coordinator in the Aquatics office right next to the pool. My interviewer sat me down and asked me fairly easy interview questions that would be asked for most entry-level minimum-wage jobs. I felt at ease and I felt as though my interviewer really valued my time.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was a quick and easy group interview. We were placed in a room at grouped tables with several interviewers. Each interviewer was assigned to a table and at the table we were asked different questions. After passing that interview we were called for a skills interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would react to a particular situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was Great. I had the opportunity to meet the head life guard and she was really nice. Very smooth processurface after interviewing with HR. The entire YMCA team was really good. They all spoke to me upon arrival astatus if it was anticipated.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

I showed up about 10 minutes early and went to a small office near the pool. The interviewer asked me to pull up a chair at the table. I was asked about 5 very easy questions, while lifeguards walked in and out of the office. Then, we went over scheduling and the training that I would have to do (a weekend class). Very casual, interviewer was very friendly and kept it short.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer