YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

1.6

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was easy. Clear Questions and answers. Relaxed setting and very nice individuals. Heard back quickly after the interview was completed. Overall very good interview process. Would recommend company to anyone looking for a potential job in aquatics.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Monroe, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Normal interview questions mostly. Threw in a few situational questions about lifeguarding scenarios. Afterward, we went to the pool and I had to demonstrate five different swimming strokes that she asked me to do.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a non-english speaker is doing backflips into the shallow end?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet with the aquatics directors or aquatics coordinator. Very causual interview. They mostly want to make sure you have a good personality and are somewhat responsible. Just make sure you come prepared with basic materials. Bring your certifications and BRING YOUR RESUME.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this facility?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Boise, ID).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and straightforward. After taking the YMCA Lifeguard Certification Class, I was almost guaranteed a job working for the Y. After the class, I submitted my resume to the employer like I would for any job. When I was called in for the interview I was told I could have dressed a little more casual. I was interviewed by the Lifeguard and Safety coordinator in the Aquatics office right next to the pool. My interviewer sat me down and asked me fairly easy interview questions that would be asked for most entry-level minimum-wage jobs. I felt at ease and I felt as though my interviewer really valued my time.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was a quick and easy group interview. We were placed in a room at grouped tables with several interviewers. Each interviewer was assigned to a table and at the table we were asked different questions. After passing that interview we were called for a skills interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would react to a particular situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was Great. I had the opportunity to meet the head life guard and she was really nice. Very smooth processurface after interviewing with HR. The entire YMCA team was really good. They all spoke to me upon arrival astatus if it was anticipated.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

I showed up about 10 minutes early and went to a small office near the pool. The interviewer asked me to pull up a chair at the table. I was asked about 5 very easy questions, while lifeguards walked in and out of the office. Then, we went over scheduling and the training that I would have to do (a weekend class). Very casual, interviewer was very friendly and kept it short.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at YMCA (Redlands, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied at the YMCA in March, 2015. I interviewed in June, 2016. The process was very long. The interview was very easy and they asked basic interview questions. I got a call at the July, 2016 saying that I got the job. I accepted and started working in August of 2016.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview was with another candidate. It lasted about an hour, all questions were basic interview questions. They want to make sure that you will fit in as an employee because they are very community based. They also want to know how well you understand lifeguard skills

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would bring to this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Burlington, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and well done. The current aquatics director did not interview me it was his assistant. She was very open and has an assertive personality. She is very upfront as she is new to the position as well. The interview was more in conversational format and, was done with ease. She was a professional with it.