YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two people conducted interview. Casual and relaxed. Took about forty five minutes. They explained the job, asked me a few questions, and went over the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
  • Name a time when you encountered a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • How have you been a part of a team in other jobs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Group setting interview with members of leadership team. Little group exercise to observe you interacting with people and then 2 groups to discuss experiences and situational "problem solving". During the group discussions it was open for anyone to respond so it was a chance to see how you listen and respond and be respectful of other people talking also. Overall it was fairly informal and relaxed. Be knowledgable of the values of the organization and try to use that knowledge to form your responses to questions and scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Olympia, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the member service coordinator as well as the member service director. They both asked me questions about previous experience and how I would deal with a variety of difficult situations. Most of their questions were very detailed rather than the general interview questions. However, the interview was very easy and straightforward for me. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and they also showed me around the facility.

Interview Questions

• What has been the worst experience in a customer service setting? How do you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
    • What sort of work environment do you enjoy?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself a team player or do you work best individually?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Hollywood, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Pointless. Just asked the times and days i wanted to work and what i thought the YMCA meant to me. Just spoke to me about the YMCA's in Europe and what they did. I tried to talk about getting into Full Time positions but completely avoided the question.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with your hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Silverdale, WA).

Interview

It was slightly awkward as it was a group interview with 6 other candidates. There were two directors that lead the interview and they took turns asking different questions and asked that if we felt the need that we should answer the questions. We took turns answering different questions however many of the interviewees were only able to concur with what answers the others had already given.

Interview Questions

• how you would react to a disgruntled Customer and other customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Algiers, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief- basic questions, seemed rehearsed. I dropped off an application and received an interview appointment two days later. The interview said he would get back to me in a few days. Asked what I knew about YMCA, how do I handle stress, strengths and weaknesses, why would I be a good fit working there. I know the pay is $8.00 an hour and there is a discount on membership.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about YMCA.   1 Answer

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy, phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and an in-person interview the following week with the center director and one other person. Got a call one week later with a job offer and had one 3 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? I honestly did not want to work there at the time, but needed a job. And now I love it!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate. I had a degree and was desperate for a job...any job.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Only interviewed with the membership director. Simple questions, just wanted to get a feel for the person who they will be hiring. Want to make sure you will get along with the community members and know how to handle the general public and that you are friendly.

Interview Questions

• nothing I can think of. I have been a seasonal employee so I knew the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have worked at this company before

Member Service Representative Interview

Interview

Called in for a interview, sat down and met with hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and mainly concentrated on my experience with customer service, computer use, and values to see if they were consistent with those of the YMCA. They were mainly concerned with my availability and if I could work alone, as most shifts were just for one person. They also wanted to know my commitment to the YMCA and how dedicated I was to their values. I was only interviewed by one person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a conflict I had to solve.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Questions

• Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer